Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp screen messed up after update

Last response: in Windows XP
December 21, 2012 2:17:49 AM

Ok, so I updated my windows xp computer and it said to restart what happened next was that my screen became extremely zoomed in and the screen resouloution looked artistry, I haven't had a virus in a while and i let the update completely finish. HELP!
December 21, 2012 2:35:03 PM

First thing to try: Right click on the desktop, select Properties, go to the Settings tab, and make sure that the resolution matches your monitor and was not set to something smaller like 800x600. If'n that doesn't work, ask again here.
December 22, 2012 2:27:02 AM

Pyramid_oni said:
Ok, so I updated my windows xp computer and it said to restart what happened next was that my screen became extremely zoomed in and the screen resouloution looked artistry, I haven't had a virus in a while and i let the update completely finish. HELP!

Sounds like you may have downloaded a update through Microsoft for your video (either integrated or discreet). What is your screen resolution showing when you checked it like WyomingKnot suggested?
January 22, 2014 4:30:01 AM

WyomingKnott said:
First thing to try: Right click on the desktop, select Properties, go to the Settings tab, and make sure that the resolution matches your monitor and was not set to something smaller like 800x600. If'n that doesn't work, ask again here.

Ok my resolution now is 1024x768. I,m actually using my hd tv for a monitor right now so I'm not actually using a computer monitor. My old computer has xp and I used this tv and the resolution was better. Plus I have dual operating system with linux. And the resolution for linux is way better.
!