Sign in with
Your question

Which Motherboard is the best in today's time

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2010 7:41:24 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/105/default.htm From this link which motheboard is the best. Please let me know.

Also let me know which motherboard would be the best as compared to so many companies in the market which is on top 1 rank right now. Let me know the model num and the name of the company

More about : motherboard today time

a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2010 7:47:03 PM

which socket? 1366 1156?
m
l
December 17, 2010 12:10:38 AM

I don know what socket. I don knw about computer hardware much but I want the best Motherboard I can shellout 500-700$ juz for Motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2010 2:31:23 PM

Look John, these motherboards arent something to waste time looking for. Talk to me, what will you be doing on this computer, gaming? If so, will you be adding on more than one, maybe two, three, or four graphics cards inside? Socket 1366 is better than 1156 because it supports better CPU's in the latter end. Answer the questions and we will move on from there.
m
l
December 17, 2010 2:37:26 PM

By the way, the best motherboard with i7 CPUs is the X58A-UD9 from Gigabyte, if you want a dual CPU motherboard, then the SR-2. The SR-2 from EVGA requires Xeon CPUs >!NOT!> i7 CPUs. Xeon costs more than i7 processors, so if you have the money then buy the CPUs but if your not very experienced and well knowledgeable in computers and such, go with the UD9.
m
l
December 17, 2010 3:22:08 PM

I juz read about this Mobo which is going to be launched soon. Can I go for this? http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1956&pageID=9780

Also will this processor work Amd Phenon (Tm) 9850 Quad- Core Processor (4 CPUs), 2.5GHz for this new mobo which I mentioned or do I have to purchase another processor.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 17, 2010 3:27:41 PM

"Best Today" for Gaming the i7 980X + GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0). I don't like Gigabyte except for the UD9.
m
l
December 17, 2010 3:40:11 PM

John, that processor WILL NOT work. That is a AMD processor, this motherboard is designed for Intel processors and you cannot use it, hands down, on this motherboard. You need to get a new processor. Do you want help as to which Intel processor is mid-high end or high end for this motherboard?
m
l
December 17, 2010 10:50:55 PM

Yes Hyrule sure. So which one I should go in for. The one which Jaquith has mentioned. I am still saving more money. Let me know if any new good motherboard is going to come out. I am not in a hurry. I can keep saving money from my salary. Its juz I want to purchase a good Mobo for playing games, Music and Movies and a good processor and Powersupply.
m
l
December 17, 2010 11:00:05 PM

Yes, but that is only the best if you are really experienced with computers, and know about upgrading graphics cards, and RAM and stuff. Tell me, what kind of games will you be playing? Can you list them for me please? Also, if you dont know much about computers and stuff, i can find you still a good one and a fast one that is less expensive than 600 dollars and will do what you need it to do. Save some money and use it for something else like more games, you know? I will start searching for you as soon as all details are set and when im good to go.
m
l
December 18, 2010 9:16:34 AM

In India, any game we don have to purchase it. Even a game costing 500$ can be downloaded for free. So I can play as many games as I can. We download all the softwares and games for free. We don need to buy them at any point of time and have never purchased any till date.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 18, 2010 11:51:26 AM

Your County of India and China apparently don't have ANY respect for copywriting nor intellectual rights. I write software.
m
l
December 18, 2010 1:25:47 PM

Yes, but that is only the best motherboard if you are really experienced with computers, and know about upgrading graphics cards, and RAM and stuff. Also, if you dont know much about computers and stuff, i can find you still a good one and a fast one that is less expensive than 600 dollars and will do what you need it to do. Do you know how to upgrade components in the computer? This will help me determine what i will help you setup for you computer.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 18, 2010 1:44:50 PM

hyrule571 said:
Guess what, I'm 15.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

...And there are people my age whom invented all the H/W and most of the software that you feel is so cool...and have the $ to afford the 3-WAY or 4-WAY and i7 980X for their children... Binary concept has been around since (circa 5th–2nd centuries BC)

Depending on what games you play and how many monitors {total resolution} you play them on, a $600 rig won't do too much for you.

People need to clarify 'Best" - "Best" to me is simply that - #1 and not bottom fishing a MOBO + CPU. The OP's question needs to be "What's the Best MOBO + CPU for $XYZ?"
m
l
December 18, 2010 2:50:01 PM

I wouldn't help this person. Who do you think pays for the software he and his country men steal? You do!
m
l
December 18, 2010 10:03:59 PM

I've heard India is like that, even before this. Its basically because of the poverty there. Yet, i dont get how this guy is seeking "best" components. Jacuith idk what you meant with the comment about my sig lol..
m
l
December 19, 2010 7:24:31 AM

Bro in India at every corner of thr road every game or any software is juz available for 1$ only with a genuine PK. U take a 10 mins walk and u find a small guy sitting with softwares of each and every company. At every 10 mins there are small small guys selling all the latest games and latest softwares juz for 1-2$ only in each and every city in India.

The government knows abt this very well but I don knw y they don take acton. Infact before the original software comes in the market, pirated software already becomes available long time back b4 the original is available.

I buy some genuine softwares sometimes and sometimes pirated and make them genuine. In India, China and Phillipines these things are common. In fact I have seen many American tourist also coming to India juz to purchase most of these softwares only and they take it in bulk for them bcoz its too cheap.

Here piracy is legal and not illegal.
m
l
December 19, 2010 7:34:38 AM

hyrule571 said:
I've heard India is like that, even before this. Its basically because of the poverty there. Yet, i dont get how this guy is seeking "best" components. Jacuith idk what you meant with the comment about my sig lol..

Hyrule juz buying software's at cheap rates does not mean that the person cannot afford to purchase a good hardware system. In fact u will see that most of the Indians have a very good Hardware system of more then 1500-1900$ and thats the reason most of the call centres are here in India rather then foreign countries.

I work most of the time and so I can afford for a very good system. The only thing is I don knw much about the hardware parts and so I have asked in this forums bcoz this is the best place over here and all masters come over here in this forum.

I really appreciate in knowing that Masters like Jaquith who invents the hardware and also writes the software helps other ppl of this forum.

I am really grateful & thankful to u and every 1 else helping me out here on this forum. In fact I get some more knowledge by learning something from you all.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
December 19, 2010 3:48:51 PM

^ In this Country those 'people' get tossed in jail.
m
l
December 19, 2010 5:50:16 PM

Ok, regardless of the situation people, lets not get off topic. Seriously i dont know how this came about but John you need a system with 2 PCI-E slots that are occupied with like GTX 570s or something... something high performance, or a GTX 580 x2 in SLI. Do you have a strong PSU? 950W or over? 1000W?
m
l
December 19, 2010 11:01:41 PM

hyrule571 said:
Ok, regardless of the situation people, lets not get off topic. Seriously i dont know how this came about but John you need a system with 2 PCI-E slots that are occupied with like GTX 570s or something... something high performance, or a GTX 580 x2 in SLI. Do you have a strong PSU? 950W or over? 1000W?

I can buy. Still now I have a saving of 600-800$. I am thinking to save more 600$ and then make a better system entire in few days. Hyrule juz tell me the configuration and I will purchase everything.
m
l
December 20, 2010 2:46:13 AM

600-800 dollars for the WHOLE system to build? or just motherboard?
m
l
December 20, 2010 7:29:02 AM

For the entire system I can save 2000$
m
l
December 21, 2010 12:31:51 AM

Oh, okay... Ill check out some motherboards for you.
m
l
December 21, 2010 8:31:37 AM

Allright let me know asap
m
l
December 21, 2010 6:11:02 PM

I think John1234 is refering to Indian Rupees instead of dollars for the motherboard. Come on man we have all seen the movie "Slumdog Millionaire"
m
l
December 21, 2010 10:57:10 PM

Slumdog Millionaire this name was a huge hit because of Indian actors who worked in the entire movie. That is the reason why that American Director came to India in order to earn money by making an Indian movie and it was a super hit movie which won Oscar Awards. We did not go to ask him to make a movie for us. He came to India and decided to make a movie. Because of the work that Indians have done. So being an Indian I don think that I am like any other person in the entire world who does not know the difference between Rupees and Dollars or the American Director did not knew the difference and so he left dollars and came for Rupees.
People from other countries come to India in order to earn. That is the reason why today Indian IT industry is still at the top in India and is capable of handling hardcore IT issues which most of the other country people face it.
Juz recently I think it was American President who came to India in the city of Mumbai asking Indian Prime Minister for 30000 jobs to be given to Americans. I don know why he came to us when we don know the difference between Dollars and Rupees.

I think you should speak to him about the difference or is he not qualified to be in the American government.
I know the question that I posted was for how much amount But one more thing I can spend 2 lakh Rupees on my computer. Now you count how much is that in American Dollars. If you don know the conversion then watch another movie where conversion is also explained.

I am sorry to be rude forum people but this is being an integrity issue against not juz one Indian but all Indians who will ask questions in this forum which slumdog needs to understand it well.
m
l
December 22, 2010 3:19:00 AM

John1234 said:
Slumdog Millionaire this name was a huge hit because of Indian actors who worked in the entire movie. That is the reason why that American Director came to India in order to earn money by making an Indian movie and it was a super hit movie which won Oscar Awards. We did not go to ask him to make a movie for us. He came to India and decided to make a movie. Because of the work that Indians have done. So being an Indian I don think that I am like any other person in the entire world who does not know the difference between Rupees and Dollars or the American Director did not knew the difference and so he left dollars and came for Rupees.
People from other countries come to India in order to earn. That is the reason why today Indian IT industry is still at the top in India and is capable of handling hardcore IT issues which most of the other country people face it.
Juz recently I think it was American President who came to India in the city of Mumbai asking Indian Prime Minister for 30000 jobs to be given to Americans. I don know why he came to us when we don know the difference between Dollars and Rupees.

I think you should speak to him about the difference or is he not qualified to be in the American government.
I know the question that I posted was for how much amount But one more thing I can spend 2 lakh Rupees on my computer. Now you count how much is that in American Dollars. If you don know the conversion then watch another movie where conversion is also explained.

I am sorry to be rude forum people but this is being an integrity issue against not juz one Indian but all Indians who will ask questions in this forum which slumdog needs to understand it well.

yaaarrr... hello! don't take this fella - slumdog - serious... i'm sure he was trying to be funny... he probably thinks all people from India are poor, but truth is with over 1billion people there is some percentage that are very wealthy.... i tell u this fella from SalesGenie i think is Indian and his company is worth a lot.... anyway...

i tell u; i have a few good friends who are Indians.. very smart and nice people!

also just to add my viewpoint to the software downloading discussion... i'm also a software developer and i see no problem with people downloading the software that i was a part of for free... the way i see it is that these big software companies like microsoft make their money by selling their licenses to other organizations so if a little kid from India or wherever wants to download a software to learn from then i got no problems wit it! sharing is caring :) 

ok.. i will leave now and let hyrule571 do his research...seems like a smart fella too! peace out
m
l
December 22, 2010 1:17:03 PM

John1234 Please accept my appolgy if you were offended by my comments. I was under the impression that to spend $600 for a motherboard sounds excessive and $2000 on a system was a bit over the top. But I have to remember that when I was fifteen I probably would have spent 2/3 of my annual salary on electronics also.

I would recommend the following motherboards if interested:

ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme $300 AMD

ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 $359 Intel

m
l
December 23, 2010 1:04:20 AM

Thanks slumdog and its okay bro. My apologies also to be angry against u. I will also wait fo Hyrule's suggestions. I juz wanna ask one thing to this forum to everyone. Outside in the market there are so many Mobo companies who make Mobos.

Which of these companies rank 1st whose Mobo is good for long run. I am asking for the topmost company. Let me know Techies.
m
l
December 23, 2010 1:10:06 AM

Asus is probably the one most people will suggest. Personally i suggest MSI, i have a MSI motherboard from 2003 or 2002ish, and its still running GREAT! Ive swapped the power supply, heatsink for the processor, the video card, the RAM, and sound card, and ive overclocked the graphics card in there in the past and the AGP slot and the processor and the RAM before in it and it still holds great. Lol its gone through alot, and still runs great. My personal experience and preference. Asus i've heard good and bad reviews, MSI is good, Gigabyte people can talk to you about, and EVGA is good too. Theres alot to choose from that all have good quality. Now onto building your system.

Tom's Hardware community, i need your help on getting hard drives, optical drives like dvd/blueray and minor things like that. Ill just cover the motherboard, processor, RAM, and graphics card, and PSU.
m
l
December 23, 2010 1:48:03 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- Graphics Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- RAM (community, make sure the RAM is okay and if theres any better, correct me)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- Processor

Give me more time for the motherboard ill get you on that one dont worry. May i ask, do you know how to upgrade your graphics card if you need in the future? Or like the RAM? Provide me with the answers, thanks.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2010 1:49:34 AM

IMHO, according to my own personal experience, ASUS boards are a waste of epoxy resin. (or is it compressed cardboard?)
Think Gigabyte or Intel for a good motherboard. I will never buy an asus board again.

Pirating software? You scum.
m
l
December 23, 2010 1:58:01 PM

I have heard that Intelchipsets are not so strong to handle the hardcore graphics of the game. Is this true?
m
l
December 23, 2010 1:59:20 PM

hyrule571 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- Graphics Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- RAM (community, make sure the RAM is okay and if theres any better, correct me)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -- Processor

Give me more time for the motherboard ill get you on that one dont worry. May i ask, do you know how to upgrade your graphics card if you need in the future? Or like the RAM? Provide me with the answers, thanks.

I know how to install thegraphics card in the system. But don know about upgrading bro. I am good in technical background
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2010 4:13:44 PM

MMMM.....as long as you have adequate cooling, intake and exhaust fans, and a good case with plenty of vent space, (like antec 300), and a good CPU cooler, (like coolermaster) intel chip set should work just dandy.
m
l
December 23, 2010 4:46:36 PM

soundguruman said:
MMMM.....as long as you have adequate cooling, intake and exhaust fans, and a good case with plenty of vent space, (like antec 300), and a good CPU cooler, (like coolermaster) intel chip set should work just dandy.

Then y do ppl often complain even after having so much cooling and everything in their system with Intel Mobos. I can show u forums where ppl cant play much games on Intel Mobos. I have seen that and have also heard.

m
l
January 1, 2011 7:02:40 AM

hyrule571 said:
Here goes two motherboards for you...
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

OR this one
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

The FIRST ONE can run TWO graphics cards in Crossfire/SLI mode.

The SECOND ONE can run THREE graphics cards in Crossfire/SLI mode.

Are these 2 motherboards compatible with these given below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product -- Graphics Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product -- RAM (community, make sure the RAM is okay and if theres any better, correct me)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] _-19115211 -- Processor
m
l
!