Sign in with
Your question

Need help Q6600 Downclocking...

Last response: in Overclocking
February 26, 2013 12:30:55 PM

Hello! I'm really new on this forum and my english isn't really good. I will try my best explaining my problem.

So my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 (G0) 2.4Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
RAM: Kingston 8GB 1066Mhz
MB: MSI G41-p28
HDD1: Seagate 500gb
HDD2: WD 2TB
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX550Ti DC
PSU: Chieftec 550w

MB BIOS version is Q.B0

All drivers are up to date!

So i upgraded from E5700 to Q6600

Before thati runed E5700 @ 3.5Ghz it was pretty stable.

After upgrading to new CPU i done clean WINDOWS instal updated everything (including BIOS).

I overclocked Q6600 to 3Ghz, and it was very stable at stock voltage and temp wasn't high at all.

I had some issues with my GPU it was throttling but just increasing GPU voltage fixed this issue.

After that i played about a month with that setup, and now i have some problems with my computer.

So now i can't play anything becouse when i play games EVGA shows that GPU usage drops down to ~10% and it becomes unplayable.

I thought maybe it's GPU problem so i switched to my old RADEON but when i tryed to test it i saw that issue is same on this card too.

So i decided to run EVGA OC Scanner X, And there i saw that GPU usage is not droping at all. So i understand that this is not a GPU problem.

So i tryed OCCT and saw that. When i run CPU TEST it runs normaly then after few seconds it downclocks its self to ~500Mhz and then after few more seconds it clocks up to normal and it does that all time...

Highest temps i saw was like 55c

I tryed to switch back to my old E5700 and it runs perfectly, NO GPU usage drops, NO CPU downclocking...

I have also tryed to downclock Q6600 to stock frequency but it didn't solved my problems.

So i hope i explained everything as clearly as possible. Maybe some of you guys will be available to help me.

Thank you!

More about : q6600 downclocking

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2013 12:44:28 PM

you know processors downclock themselves to conserve power when not in use right?
in power options make sure to be in performance mode. in bios you can also disable intel speed step which is downclocking to conserve energy
February 26, 2013 12:59:44 PM

alvine said:
you know processors downclock themselves to conserve power when not in use right?
in power options make sure to be in performance mode. in bios you can also disable intel speed step which is downclocking to conserve energy

Windows is in High Performance mode. But i can't find in bios where to disable Intel Speed Step...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 26, 2013 1:13:19 PM

Ok i found it. And it is allready disabled...
February 26, 2013 2:30:51 PM

Maybe someon know other solution? becouse this is not helping!
!