TeKnik Prodigy Build

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Ok this is my first ever build log and my first watercooled build, so dont be too harsh ;)

also ive started this log quite a fair way into the build and haven't taken all that many pics but ill try to take more.

So i've wanted to make a smaller pc for a while now as my current pc is a pain to lug around to mates places and lan parties and whatnot. now ive also always wanted to get into watercooling, so when i found out that heaps of peeps were wc'ing their prodigy's i thought i would jump on the bandwagon.

now ive been getting parts and doing stuff on this for a couple of weeks, and am just waiting on what should be the final package from pc case gear.

The hardware specs:

Intel i5 3570k processor
Galaxy Gtx 680 graphics
Asrock Z77E-ITX motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LowProlife White 8gb ram
OCZ Mod X Stream Pro 700w psu
SanDisk Extreme 240gb ssd
Wsetern Digital Blue 1tb hdd

Watercooling gear:
Primochill primoflex 1/2 inch tubing
XSPC Razor 680 gpu block
DT Sniper white cpu block
Bitspower d5 mod top
Mayhem Ice White coolant
Bitspower Z-Multi 80 Acrylic reservoir
Koolance PMP 450 pump
Magicool slim 240 Radiators
and a ton of bitspower matt black fittings

photo3_zpsac2b2983.jpg

image3_zpsb0cbc749.jpeg

image2_zpse71b4242.jpeg

image1_zpscde08d69.jpeg

photo2_zpse631871a.jpg

im currently waiting on fans and my pump and a few other bit and pieces, as well as my side panels which are getting cut via water jet, so hopefully wont be too far off :D

Looks good. What sort of fans are you going to be using?

I'm in the process of gather parts for my Prodigy and would have loved to put a second rad up front. However I seem to be the only person who uses mechanical HDDs these days... ;)

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I'm going to be using corsair sp fans, as for hdd's I'm using a 2.5 laptop drive for storage, which will be going into the psu cage eventually

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
1tb will be plenty for this build, my curent pc will be used for htpc duties so i can always just add drives to that if i need space ;)

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Ok so a small update, i got back my side panels form the waterjet place, cleaned up the edges and gave a quick lick of paint

IMG_0973_zps68ac1029.jpg

while i was waiting for that to dry i made some panels to cover the psu cage

IMG_0975_zps1098e796.jpg

IMG_0976_zpsb99002c4.jpg

and i can pick up my final shipment tomorrow :D

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I used the off cuts from the side panels, which I probably wouldn't do again as its 1mm thick steel and its damn hard to bend those tiny pieces :??:

Lutfij

Titan
Bending pieces of steel is actually easy to accomplish but having two angles one of which is clamped at the edge of your functioning table, get your test material and with the other angle press down firmly and you will end up with a bent piece of lil metal... controlling the amount of pressure would result in a bend you'll be satisfied with.

^ hope I haven't lost you...? [:lutfij:6]

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
No you didn't lose me, that is exactly what I did, it's just the 2 bends in it are only 12mm apart and i had already cut the panel to size so trying to clamp down that thin a piece was a little challenging. By trade I'm a cabinetmaker, and my dad is a mechanic and a panel beater, so working metal and timber comes pretty naturally to me ;)

Teknik_92

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Well I am pretty handy with a wrench, however I wouldn't consider my self a mechanical "expert" timber on the other I absolutely love and am always happy to help with :D