Your question

Best CPU to buy with a GTS 250?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
June 17, 2010 11:34:27 PM

Hi, I have a few ideas myself, but I'm not a complete expert and although stats can be convincing, they can turn out to not be totally true due to compatibility between components.

So, which CPU (AMD only please) do you all think is the best to buy with a GTS 250 which I currently own? I'm on a reasonably tight budget, let's assume I'm building a PC between $500 - $1000. I currently have 4Gb of super speed RAM, 1Tb HDD and the GTS 250 which I will be transferring to the new PC. I'll figure out the MB myself.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance

More about : cpu buy gts 250

June 17, 2010 11:46:53 PM

Any quad core or a core i cpu

Anonymous said:
Hi, I have a few ideas myself, but I'm not a complete expert and although stats can be convincing, they can turn out to not be totally true due to compatibility between components.

So, which CPU (AMD only please) do you all think is the best to buy with a GTS 250 which I currently own? I'm on a reasonably tight budget, let's assume I'm building a PC between $500 - $1000. I currently have 4Gb of super speed RAM, 1Tb HDD and the GTS 250 which I will be transferring to the new PC. I'll figure out the MB myself.

Thanks in advance

a b à CPUs
June 17, 2010 11:57:55 PM

xxsk8er101xx said:
Any quad core or a core i cpu

How is that an AMD CPU?
Related resources
June 18, 2010 12:08:23 AM

Mousemonkey said:
How is that an AMD CPU?

A core i equavalent then. Sometimes the brain is required to be used.
a b à CPUs
June 18, 2010 12:20:12 AM

Anonymous said:

Thanks in advance

xxsk8er101xx said:
A core i equavalent then. Sometimes the brain is required to be used.

So are the eyes, try reading the OP.
June 18, 2010 12:35:01 AM

Brain is not required when working second shift. That is the exception to that rule.

ct1615 said:
...the Intel i series runs from the $115 i3 530 to i7 975 extremes at $1k.....that is a lot of "equavalent " CPUs

P.S. using your brain to spell check is also useful

Anonymous
June 18, 2010 12:41:40 AM

saaiello said:
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This Athlon II would be perfect but if thats too much you could always go for the x3 processor for $20-$30 less depending on model.

Hey hey people stop fighting =)

SAAIELLO good choice dude, as a matter of fact I came to the conclusion of that processor myself ^^
I went and did some research into it after viewing the T.H. hierarchy charts, and these are DEFINETELY the best performance for price processors. In my opinion anyway.

If anyone thinks differently, please do let me know, I wont be ordering anything until tomorrow.
a c 323 à CPUs
June 18, 2010 1:33:43 AM

the 1055T (x6 core) isn't out of your budget since you have all the other main hardware. Throw in a decent am2+ mobo and still be under $500 unless you go nuts on a case... LoL
1055t - $200
mobo - $100
Case - $150 (with decent PS)
Dvd - $30
-------------------------
total - $480
a b à CPUs
June 18, 2010 2:31:50 AM

came here to maybe learn something and ended up reading in a kintergarden class with these kids crying about each others nonperfect reply
a b à CPUs
June 18, 2010 3:34:31 PM

Blckhaze said:
came here to maybe learn something and ended up reading in a kintergarden class with these kids crying about each others nonperfect reply

In this case you have yet to learn why comments are made, stick around and it might become clear to you.