I need help with my 5770's idle clock speed

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • TV
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2010 6:23:54 PM

it is a sapphire vapor-x 5770, supposed to idle at 157mhz. it DOES but only when one monitor is plugged in. if the 2nd monitor (clone, not dual display) is plugged in, even if it is off, the core clock is 400mhz.

i think the problem may be that the 2nd monitor is my living room tv and plugged into a receiver, the same receiver that carries my PC's sound. so it is always on, and perhaps windows 7 and/or my 5770 thinks that if the receiver is on, then the tv is on, and thus the clock speed is always at 400mhz?

i just want to find a way to have it idle at 157mhz again. i understand if it were working two monitors that the clock speed could increase to 400mhz, but if one monitor is not on (even if the receiver is, there is no display being projected), there should be a way to trick the card into realizing it doesn't actually need the extra power.

i would like to leave it plugged in to both tv's.

More about : 5770 idle clock speed

a b U Graphics card
March 19, 2010 7:01:19 PM

I think its operating the way its supposed to. 400mhz is also a power saving frequency. Under the conditions, physical connections , the driver feels that is whats needed.
There is a setting in windows 7 power plans.
advanced settings
pci-e
link state power management
You might check what that is set to.
m
l
!