Sign in with
Your question

Finished my first Build!

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2010 9:27:01 AM

Hello.

I would like to thank the people of this forum for helping and advising me in the specifications to my PC. The computer works great now, and if there are any recommendations, I'll try to add them if my remaining budget ($400) allows me to. I'll be planning to do some overclockng some time in the future when I think I'm ready.

These are the parts I've got:

Intel Core i7 920 CPU @ 2.66 GHz
Sapphire HD5850 Unknown Edition
Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 RAM CL9
ASUS P6TD Deluxe Motherboard
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Chassis
Corsair TX850 850W Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Samsung 22x DVD-R/RW Burner

Also, I am not quite sure on the CPU Coolers that I'll get. I do not want my case to look messy, and I also want to look for the best value for money.

Thanks, agian

More about : finished build

Related resources
April 8, 2010 3:52:45 PM

Congratulations on your first build. Nice set of specs. My first build---ten years ago.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 9, 2010 2:55:54 AM

Good set up.

Quote:

Also, I am not quite sure on the CPU Coolers that I'll get. I do not want my case to look messy, and I also want to look for the best value for money.

Currently, one of the favorites is the Hyper 212+. Or you can get the Core Contact Freezer (buy bracket separately), Mega Shadow,etc.
Here are the top heatsinks: http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

The only other upgrade I see useful will be an X25-MG2 or other good SSD as a boot drive. If I were you' I'd get the CPU cooler and depending on the need, get the SSD. If SSD is not needed, save the money and get a 2nd 5850 in a 6months-year or so and CrossFire for cheap.

edit:
This would be a quite a bit on your part on research,etc and if you'r planning to do a high OC, you may want to look in to REAL water cooling: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercoolin...
This will cost you ~$250 or so just for the CPU loop. Add the GPU, and cost skyrockets.
April 9, 2010 3:51:09 AM

Thanks, isn't the Coolermaster V10 better than the Hyper 212+? I read reviews stating that the fans are too loud, and I want my case to be a quiet as possible. Thanks again.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 9, 2010 3:24:33 PM

Imo, the V10 is over priced.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 9, 2010 3:26:59 PM

I'll add another vote for the Hyper 212+. The V10 doesn't really cool all that well and costs way more than it should.
June 8, 2013 7:53:50 PM

Hi bruh
!