i7 920
HD 5870
6 GB G.Skill Pi12800 DDR3 RAM or something
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Samsung Spinpoint F3 (1TB)
Corsair 850TX
Corsair H50
HAF 932

I just finished building my PC yesterday. At first it wouldn't turn on at all, the motherboard would just light up but powering would do nothing. Then I realized the 8-pin cord wasn't in far enough.

Then, after powering on, the system started to light up, and all the fans started to blow, but the system would power down seconds later and repeat the cycle. I tried clearing the CMOS via the jumpers and by removing the battery, I tried switching out each of the RAM into the A1 slot, nothing. I tried removing everything except for the motherboard, CPU, cooler, and PSU, same thing.

It might be worth noting that the blue Asus light comes on a second after powering on, followed by the blue light under the RAM next to what's marked as "PO207 and PO208." This light fllashes for a second then the whole thing turns off. The cycle repeats.

Help?

Have you tried everything in the "READ before posting about boot problems" sticky (link is in my signature)? There really isn't much we can do for you other than the steps in that thread. Make sure to actually do all of the steps. Pay attention to any beep codes or lights that come on.

MJMax

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah, I saw that post a few hours ago. It's fantastic, but I tried all of it. The only thing I should have done is grounded myself before putting together my PC. I guess that could have caused a failure in one of the parts.

Any idea which failed part seems most likely?

MJMax

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
From what I see online it looks like the light is supposed to be there. Not sure exactly what it indicates, but I think it means the RAM is working.