The power of the 5970/5870

hi,

is it not realistic to think that the 5970 or even in a dual configuration should be able to handle any game with max fps on the highest detail level with aa at the max?
16 answers Last reply
More about power 5970 5870
  1. yeah i would think so, because i can play any game maxed out with full AA and AF with my 5850 @ 950/1250 on my 19" 1280x1024 monitor :)
  2. Pnico- depends on the resolution, but I would think it ought to be able to do most things on a single LCD, start into Eyefinity, it'll stress it a bit more.
  3. flyin, thats just it, i can max out the res and the details including tessalation and aa and not get a fps hit..im running eyefinity...with 3 24 inch monitors..and 2 5970..
  4. yeah- you can probably do that on 3x1920x1200, but who knows- what if you threw it on 3x2560x1600? you might start stressing it. It'll take a lot of pixels and intensive high quality graphics, but at some point it will run out of power:-) (hey- with the new Eyefinity 6 versions of cards- maybe it would stress it with 6x 1920x1200? lol)
  5. builderbobftw said:

You do realise that you are linking to the OP's own thread don't you?
  6. I have two 5870's and play at 1920x1200, and I can't quite max AA in Crysis (I use x4), and it's still a little boarderline on FPS at times. I also can't quite max WoW. I also cannot max out Dragon Age Origins when using SSAA, but that's not a normal option to the game, but 4x SSAA looks better than normal maxed Dragon Age.

But keep in mind. I don't want to play games below 45 FPS anymore. If it goes below that, I will get motion sickness, and the game feels like it's lagging.
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    You do realise that you are linking to the OP's own thread don't you?

Oopsy.

Also, i read the IGN rewiew and:

"Graphics
    An uneven mixture of inspired and ragged"

7.5/10.
  8. builderbobftw said:
    Oopsy.

Also, i read the IGN rewiew and:

"Graphics
    An uneven mixture of inspired and ragged"

7.5/10.

IGN usually link the same review to all platforms though, so thats probably a Xbox review.
  9. It looked like a Dedicated PC review.
  10. You guys can talk about lame reviews all day long, until you play it, I don't want to hear another word about the graphics of Metro.

It is by far the best looking game ever to grace the PC.

And yes, of course I have played it.
  11. Good call annisman- gotta play before you can decide- reviews always have the authors opinions in there. I haven't played metro2033 so I can't say, but I'd like to give it a try as it sounds good.
  12. i was actually planning to buy it, until i read the review. i didn't realize it was so linear, or so short. doesn't quite seem worth the cost.
  13. Yeh, I was gonna buy it, but 8 hours? Not worth it.

I'm into Games like COD4 or Oblivion, where there is infinite gameplay.
  14. According to Steam I'm already 9.5 Hours in, and the end is nowhere in sight, so again, I wouldn't always go by heresay.

Sounds like they just rushed through it to review it, no ?
  15. Yeh, IGN does make some mistakes with play time. I mean it's diffrent per person.

IGN said it would take at least 60 hours to beat GTA IV's storyline, I did it in 17.34 hours.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Configuration Power Graphics