Need help deciding between these two fans for Hyper 212

Status
Not open for further replies.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hello. I currently have the single stock fan on my cooler and i'm looking to buy two new better fans. Here are the fans i'm having trouble deciding over. They are both $5 each fan.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2915
http://www.cougar-world.com/products/fans/turbine.html

I've heard a lot of good things about cougar vortex fans but these are cougar turbine i haven't been able to find any reviews on them.

Someone told me the sickleflow's blow a lot of air but because of the way the blades are designed they are not pressure optimized and are better for intake or exhaust. I was thinking this might not matter if i had two on the hyper 212 in a push pull config because the pull would be directing the airflow from the push.

Ok so on the other hand the cougar turbines look to have more flat fan blades that might help with pressure but they are 1200RPM apposed to the 2000RPM on the sickleflows. For all i know they could perform just as good though because of the blade design.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

How was the noise levels? I do have a fan controller but i heard lowering them also makes the LED's dimmer so i would prefer to just let them run at the normal speed but not if they are loud. That's one of the reasons i was looking at the cougar turbines.

frenchbread

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007

The Cougar's static pressure is rated at 1.73, so it would be better suited as a case fan for air flow. The Cooler Master Sickle Flow is rated at 3.04, which is much better for blowing through a heat sink.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Will do! I might actually just buy 2 of the cooler masters and 2 of the cougars just to compare them.

I have one more question i was wondering if you knew the answer too. If i turn the dials on my fan controller to max would it make the sickleflow's run at 2000RPM (The max RPM) or would it be over volting them and make them run at way higher? If i over volt the fans the LED's and the fan itself will burn out faster so that's something i was curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.