3DMark Vantage Score PLEASE HELP!!

X-796

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
hi I want to know what the score will be in 3DMark Vantage, all standard just hit Run

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3400

EVGA 8800 GTS SC 320bit

Asus Crosshair 2 Formula

4gb ddr2 @ 800mhz

I want to know if it will be a good choice to by the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 125w and play at 1680*1050 in games like Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 and new games but with a EVGA 8800 GTS SC 320bit

Will I be able to play games. I mean not on the highest Graphics. I hope so lol I don`t have money for a Graphics card only a CPU because I have a AMD 64 X2 5000+ @2.600

Solution
You won't see much real-world (i.e. gaming) performance gains from getting an X4 965 (which should be the X4 955 anyway, as they're the same chip). I would spend the $185 bucks on an HD 5770 ($150) instead. That will certainly improve your performance.

Or alternatively, if you had about could spend another $35 above that, get a 5770 and a X3 425 for $120 total. That would certainly give you a lot of performance gains.
You won't see much real-world (i.e. gaming) performance gains from getting an X4 965 (which should be the X4 955 anyway, as they're the same chip). I would spend the $185 bucks on an HD 5770 ($150) instead. That will certainly improve your performance.

Or alternatively, if you had about could spend another $35 above that, get a 5770 and a X3 425 for $120 total. That would certainly give you a lot of performance gains.

Solution

banthracis

Distinguished
Err your current MOBO is socket AM2(assuming your current CPU is correctly named), Phenom II's require socket AM3.

Only way to know exact 3d mark vantage score....is to run 3dmark vantage. Weird I know.

It's also a synthetic and has minimal correlation with actual game performance.

As Mad mentioned, a GPU upgrade is a bigger performance increase than a CPu upgrade.

X-796

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks guys The problem is that I cant buy at Newegg I live in South Africa and they don`t ship too SA ((SUCKS)) :cry:

Err your current MOBO is socket AM2(assuming your current CPU is correctly named), Phenom II's require socket AM3.

@ banthracis I don`t know about that At http://www.asus.com they are saying it will work on Crosshair II formula AM2+ board

Or alternatively, if you had about could spend another $35 above that, get a 5770 and a X3 425 for $120 total. That would certainly give you a lot of performance gains

@ MadAdmiral Love the alternative way just the CPU I don`t like that much

but tomorrow my brother gets a new Graphics card and then I will test my Graphics card on hes pc

his CPU is a i7 860 @ 2.800 if the score is crap I`ll going to wait 1 or 2 months and go crazy

All hardware is SA are expensive do to the shipping :cry:

banthracis

Distinguished

My bad, completely missed that you listed your current MOBO.

Phenom II"s will work in a few AM2 motherboards. Technically they should work in all of them, but they require a BIOS update that not all MOBO manufacturers did.

edit: Ok, so I don't make a further fool of myself, yes you can get around the BIOS issue by manually setting everything in the BIOS, but running a comp with a CPU being unrecognized by the MOBO can cause other issues.

X-796

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks Alvin

CPU Heirarchy Chart
I don’t recommend upgrading your CPU unless the potential replacement is at least three tiers higher
Yep that is right

I just remember that one guy left his Graphics card her for my dad to test lol so I did it for him its a XFX 295 I remove my 8800 GTS and put the 295 in and run 3Dmark Vantage I score 16572 and then I tested it in Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 ALL Graphics on there highest and played at 1920*1200 lol I was amazed it was smooth so smooth

And people don`t like the 295 just for the 2 GPU`s or most people

Thanks guys So here I go tomorrow me buy Good Graphics card I think I am going with xFx 5770 1GB ATI Radeon 5770 GPU At newegg its $150 in South Africa its $320

what do you guys think