Sign in with
Your question

Having issues transferring to new SSD

Last response: in Storage
May 13, 2012 11:08:49 PM

I just bought a 120gb Intel 520 series SSD and I'm trying to transfer some of my files from my 1TB HDD. I'm using Intel's Data Migration Software which they recommended I used. For me though, it will not let me transfer because I have over 120gb of memory on my HHD. That was expected though.

I was hoping that this migration software would let me transfer some of my files (games from steam or OS if I have room) over to my new SSD but it will not. Does anyone know of a way to do this with this software or any other free software?

Sorry that I do not know much about SSD's, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
a b å Intel
a c 907 G Storage
May 16, 2012 9:39:17 PM

You can offload your videos, pics, music, documents, etc (basically data files since they dont write to the registry) from the drive, then delete temp files like browser stuff, and empty the recycle bin but if you're still over 120gb then you will need to uninstall programs that you either don't want anymore or will reinstall to the HDD.

otherwise you'll be reinstalling your OS from scratch. Win7 isnt bad, its the 135 updates that kill ya. LoL
m
l
!