Sign in with
Your question

Unable to install audio driver of core (TM)2 duo CPU 4500

Last response: in Components
June 18, 2010 1:39:59 PM

unable to install audio driver of core (TM)2 duo CPU 4500 please help me out.
it shows fail after installation.
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2010 10:13:39 PM

You don't typically install audio drivers based on a cpu, the driver is based on the audio logic chip used on the motherboard. If you have the manual it should tell you which sound chip is used. If not the motherboard model number, it should be printed on the surface of the motherboard example gma790x-udp. If you google search the model number it will supply the manufacturer. The manufacturer will have a website, log on to their site select motheboard support, enter model number and the info should be there. Example realtek alc882 audio chip. They probobly have the correct driver for you to download on the very same site.
Make sure the audio chip is turned on in bios. Device manager should show it without any yellow exclaimations if the correct driver is installed.
m
l
June 20, 2010 5:19:06 PM

Hey thnks bro i'll check n let u knw.
m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2010 1:20:15 PM

Hey i did dwnld RLC 888 for ma motherboard but it did not install......
it showed error while installation.
pls help.
m
l
a c 117 à CPUs
June 22, 2010 2:23:53 PM

kishor said:
Hey i did dwnld RLC 888 for ma motherboard but it did not install......
it showed error while installation.
pls help.

Once you know which motherboard and OS, you can download and install the correct audio drivers.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2010 11:29:56 AM

It might expediate the issue if you tell us exactly what your motherboard model is, just so we can verify version etc. for you. It's possible you did everything right but have some conflict.
Is the audio controller visible is device manager?
The error message might appear if 888 doesn't match your hardware exactly.
This is why Ghisl-- is suggesting wrong motherboard or operating system.
m
l
!