Need a new Bios

syketh

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hi, I recently purchased a AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition, however..when it's installed it fails to boot itself. I've found out that it could be primarily down to my bios. My old processor was an AMD Dual Core 64. (I've checked the compatibility, and the new CPU "Should" run fine with my system, it's over the recommend power supply, motherboard etc).
My motherboard is an M3A32-MVP DELUXE-and the bios is still set at 1602, version 1.1.0.L67. I need a new bios to run the new CPU, one over 1902, however, i've tried going to ASUSTeK websites and downloading the latest version, but it downloads in a .zip file, which I can't do anything about..even with Winrar. I've also downloaded a bios from Dell Support, to fit my Alienware Aurora..it reboots my system..but fails to upgrade the Bios apparently.

At the moment i'm running with my old processor..because the new 955 only runs at 800MHz..when it should run at 3.2GHz. Anyone have any idea on where or how I can update my Bios?

I've also tried taking out the coin battery to reset the bios to it's default settings..nothing seems to have worked, i'm feeling that the processor was a waste of money.

Any links would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

I use stuffit to unzip files. Sorry I can't post a link. Try one of the vista bios utilities for your board. It should work. If not, email asus tech support. They might email you the file unzipped.