JazmsJoker

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
i bought a UPS that provides a max 255watt draw and it completely failed me. The reason i need a UPS is because i live in the sticks and i get a extremely fluctuating power supply in my home. My current config has a PSU that provides 750watt and my current setup only draws a max of 372 watts. I may be provided with a gtx295 gc which will increase my draw to 615watts. So here is my problem, do i need a UPS that provides greater battery protected supply then the actual wattage that i need for that half second.

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
There may be another issue, most UPS sold are not properly functional with a (750w) PSU that has active PFC.
Actually from what I've read any power supply with active PFC requires a UPS with a pure sinewave and those are considerably more expensive.
Only repeating what I've read, it's easy to determine if you have active PFC though, there won't be any 115/230 volt switch on the power supply.

JazmsJoker

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

living in rural Ontario Canada

G

Hi - this is Jonah Cagley from CyberPower Systems. I recently read this thread and wanted to let you know that CyberPower has recently launched a new UPS line that supports equipment with Active PFC power supplies and standard (or conventional) power supplies. The new UPS line is called Adaptive Sinewave UPS. It's available in both Desktop tower and Rackmount/Tower models. Our new waveform design not only supports Active PFC power supplies but it is the most affordable UPS solution in in the market for this critical compatibility issue.

Depending on the model you require, you can save up to 50% compared to pure sine wave. I encourage you to visit http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/about-us/news/adaptive-sinewave-ups.html to learn more and check it out for yourself. Please let us know your feedback when you have a chance. We'd love to hear from you.

Best regards,
Jonah