Sign in with
Your question

Boot loop after auto och

Last response: in Overclocking
February 27, 2013 1:08:24 PM

New to overclocking but thought I'd give it a try anyways....went into the BIOS and hyperthreading off and auto oc settings to 4.0 ghz, restarted the pc and getting a never ending boot loop..BIOS won't even show.up before it.shuts off and restarts process. I have tried removing the battery on the board to reset default.settings however nothing different happens. I'm using a dz38bc intro.board that even has a reset button but still rodent seem to work. Any ideas ? On what's too.g on here

More about : boot loop auto och

February 27, 2013 1:31:32 PM

Dz38bc Intel board*
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 27, 2013 1:49:40 PM

have to pull power from the wall for a few min to let the mb drain then clear the cmos. with power to the mb the cmos wont drain.
m
l
Related resources
February 27, 2013 7:38:29 PM

this ^^ did not work...anyone else.....
this has happaned to me once before which was fixed with unpugging the piwersupply from the wall and re plugging however that time i was not overclocking. the computer was shut off accidently
ive tried unplugging , and letting it sit with the little battery out multiple times for mins--to hours each time
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 27, 2013 8:41:57 PM

You might want to remove power then the cmos battery to get it working..
m
l
February 27, 2013 9:21:45 PM

^^ as stated above....ive tred this multiple times over the past two dats
m
l
February 28, 2013 7:40:29 PM

do i have a dead mobo or cpu here... after searching various sites it seems this is logial.
m
l
March 1, 2013 1:04:56 AM

update...
if i continue to press the reset button on the motherboard the system will stay on. Nothing will show up on screen and a 15 will show up on the little led screen on the mobo before it shuts off. wat is up?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
March 1, 2013 5:29:40 AM

may be a bad reset or case board try unplugging everything but the on switch and see if it stays on.
m
l
March 1, 2013 12:53:27 PM

Do I take off the ram and gpu to? Or leave those on as well
m
l
March 1, 2013 9:41:56 PM

figured it out with a friend....bios issue
however i still havent given up trying to overclock my pc
we tried for 2 hours and still no stable oc..
anyone have any tips using this board?
m
l
!