Lost operating system

Hello,
can I create a recovery dvd from a recovery partition on my laptop
4 answers Last reply
More about lost operating system
  1. If the recovery partition is still intact, you should be able to create ONE set of recovery media.

What brand of laptop/desktop is this? Most major manufacturers include a software package from within the start menu that allow you to do this.
  2. I have HP Pavilion Laptop, it came with Windows XP media center edition. I did a clean install with windows 7 on drive c: but left the recovery partition intact. I found out later that some components don't work with windows 7. Is it possible to create a recovery disk from the recovery partition.
  3. There is no way to create a set of recovery discs from the recovery partition itself. It is normally done through a particular program, in the case of HP it is usually Roxio or Cyberlink.

If you have reinstalled Windows 7 but left the recovery partition intact then it is likely that you won't be able to create a set of discs anyway because it has essentially rewritten the master boot record(mbr) which is used by the recovery partition to do its job.
  4. hedwar2011 said:
    There is no way to create a set of recovery discs from the recovery partition itself. It is normally done through a particular program, in the case of HP it is usually Roxio or Cyberlink.

If you have reinstalled Windows 7 but left the recovery partition intact then it is likely that you won't be able to create a set of discs anyway because it has essentially rewritten the master boot record(mbr) which is used by the recovery partition to do its job.

Thanks for your help hedwar2011.
Ask a new question

Read More

Data Recovery Recovery Partition DVD Laptops Windows XP