I just built this computer for my friend with the following parts:
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
AMD Phenom II X4 955
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
Antec Twelve Hundred
ASUS DRW-24B1ST (optical drive)
ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen monitor
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB (GRAPHICS CARD)
Antec CP-850 850W (PSU)
RAZER Lachesis (MOUSE)
Logitech G15 (KEYBOARD)

I booted up the computer without the vid card hooked up and it works just fine. I used the vga chord and pluged it into the mobo and I installed Win 7 Pro 64-bit, mobo drivers, dvd-drive drivers and such and everything was working fine (I was also able to game with it and i installed win xp mode on it too). I then installed the graphics card and the special thing about this mobo is that if your installing ONE graphics card, you have to plug in the supplied jumper card into the first pci express slot and the graphics card goes into the second slot. If you have TWO graph's cards then you can just install both and ignore the jumper card. But anyway I know this shows up a lot on the forums but after booting up the computer for the first time w/ the graphics card, the monitor shows nothing and the keyboard and mouse dont even turn on. I know the computer turns on because the lights, cpu fan, and psu are all running but the keyboard, mouse, and monitor show nothing. SO therefor I take out the graphics card and the jumper card and go back to my ORIGINAL SETUP THAT I HAD B4 and I get THE SAME THING. I don't know what happened. I should of installed the drivers for the card b4 I installed it and know everything is messed up. I can't even go back to how it was. The monitor/keyboard/mouse work on a different computer. By the way, I used the vga chord b4 the graphics card then dvi with the card and i went back to vga after unistalling it. Please help, i am stuck and I dont know what to do. I don't want my friends parents to think that i broke the com.

If i had to call text support, the best company to call would be the mobo manufacturer or the video card company? if not ill just ring up both.

YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Cartuner401

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I am going to try this tomorow morning. If I do this, will this harm the OS and all the data in the hard drive? Will I have to reinstall windows and the rest the drivers after i clear the CMOS??