Solved

Which ssd

guys what is the difference between a mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb and the muskin enhanced chronos deluxe 240gb. i know they both use toggle nand but is the real benefit?
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which
  1. Check the read and write times...

Some SSD's are faster in one department and slower than the other. SO it basically turns into a do you want to fast game install. Or do you want a faster boot times or game load times
  2. Chronos Deluxe is better.
  3. they are the same
  4. no.
    Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe use the Toggle Mode that is much fast.
  5. what is toggle mode
  6. Toggle is the fastest type of MLC NAND by a considerable margin. There is a larger performance gap between toggle and synchronous than there is between synchronous and asynchronous.

Also you can google it
  7. i know that but both ssds use toggle nand
  8. Only the model has xxxxxxx-DX that use toggle nand.
  9. I think you meant to word it this way:

They're both Mushkin enhanced. So it's either the Chronos or the Chronos Deluxe.

The higher performance Chronos Deluxe model will use faster synchronous NAND, while the budget-friendly Chronos will use asynchronous NAND.

This article might help you out. Also I'm sure they have a review of those drives somewhere on that site if you feel like searching around for it.

http://www.storagereview.com/mushkin_chronos_ssd_family_joins_sandforce_sf2200_party
  10. I am fool by this, from newegg.com Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe and the company site Mushkin Chronos Deluxe. But they are same.

Then why i put the model # out.
  11. Best answer
    they are the same thing. chronos deluxe uses toggle nand while chronos uses asynchronous nand. or you could get a crucial m4....
  12. AlbinoKid said:
    they are the same thing. chronos deluxe uses toggle nand while chronos uses asynchronous nand. or you could get a crucial m4....

thanks
  13. Best answer selected by TheBigTroll.
  14. LOL, he said the same thing I did, except after I said it :/
  15. i said there was toggle nand. You said there was just faster synchronous nand..:p
  16. rdzona said:
    LOL, he said the same thing I did, except after I said it :/

I guess YOU JUST GOT TROLLED. Jokes man :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :o
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage