Sign in with
Your question

4 1920x1080 DVI-D Displays

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2010 10:43:11 AM

I need to run 4 40" 1920x1080 displays with DVI-D input. The PC I wnat to use do to its compact size only has one PCIx16 slot and has 2 PCIx1 slots. WHt's the best way I can achieve this setup running streaming video on all 4 monitors.

More about : 1920x1080 dvi displays

March 20, 2010 12:06:05 PM

pattaway said:
I need to run 4 40" 1920x1080 displays with DVI-D input. The PC I wnat to use do to its compact size only has one PCIx16 slot and has 2 PCIx1 slots. WHt's the best way I can achieve this setup running streaming video on all 4 monitors.

I would just get an ATI 5970 and get adapters for all of your DVI-D cables, run those four monitors in eyefinity and basically you should be good to go.
m
l
March 20, 2010 12:39:48 PM

Theres more to this than that, right? There are professional systems that there is no upperlimit on and there is the do it yourself stuff - which is what this seems like?

Are we displaying the same image on all 4 monitors or different images on all 4? Full screen displays or windowed? OS?

Whats the goal? Use this compact box or 4 displays - define what the objective and we can work towards it.

Take a look at this site for a isting of 4 port video cards - http://www.multiplemonitors.org/Pages%20-%20Hardware/Ha...

Good luck
m
l
Related resources
March 21, 2010 4:10:05 PM

It will be 4 monitors with different images in full screen display. In the past I have used a Jupiter multidisplay unit. This is a little more low budjet. The compact size of the pc is because it will be mounted behind the monitors that it is controlling. It does have to be 4 monitors.
m
l
March 21, 2010 4:15:31 PM

On the website the specifications for that card says this:

ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology2,3
Three independent display controllers
Drive three displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays

Will it run four monitors? It looks like only 3.
m
l
March 21, 2010 6:24:26 PM

pattaway said:
On the website the specifications for that card says this:

ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology2,3
Three independent display controllers
Drive three displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays

Will it run four monitors? It looks like only 3.

I thought it could run six, but I must have been mistaken. It must have been something else I was thinking of, but I'm not completely sure what.
m
l
March 21, 2010 6:27:27 PM

Do you plan to game on these four monitors, do website design, photo or video editing, or just plan office work? Or all of these tasks at once?
m
l
March 21, 2010 9:29:12 PM

I'm going to stream live video from an IP video surveillance system to them.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 10:16:04 PM

sparkman said:
I thought it could run six, but I must have been mistaken. It must have been something else I was thinking of, but I'm not completely sure what.

that would be the eyefinity6 edition with 6 miniDP outputs, afaik it hasn't been released yet...
m
l
!