TDP - end level early?

I managed to find a copy of the original Thief (which I prefer over the
expanded version) - however my memory is hazy of the alt-ctrl-shift-end
cheat to finish a level early.

Was this only with T2 or was it also with the patched version of TDP.

The problem is that I'm not playing the original original version, but a
re-issued version (by Sold Out?) that allready has the last patch on.

In case your wondering, I think The Lost City is far better without lots of
Hammerites wandering about ;-)

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"RichGK" <sss.ee@rrr.rr> wrote in message
>I managed to find a copy of the original Thief (which I
> prefer over the expanded version) - however my memory is
> hazy of the alt-ctrl-shift-end cheat to finish a level
> early.
>
> Was this only with T2 or was it also with the patched
> version of TDP.

It should work.

> The problem is that I'm not playing the original original
> version, but a re-issued version (by Sold Out?) that
> allready has the last patch on.
>
> In case your wondering, I think The Lost City is far
> better without lots of Hammerites wandering about ;-)

But you don't get The Opera House and The
Mage Place, and that Thief Sewer one.
Hammerites in the Lost City give you more
people to bonk on the head and more pockets
to check for change.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:58:41 GMT RichGK said :

>In case your wondering, I think The Lost City is far better without lots of
>Hammerites wandering about ;-)

Just give me a overload of arrows in that level and I am a happy camper.

<smirk>

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:46:12 -0700, Mos said:

> "RichGK" <sss.ee@rrr.rr> wrote in message
>>I managed to find a copy of the original Thief (which I
>> prefer over the expanded version) - however my memory is
>> hazy of the alt-ctrl-shift-end cheat to finish a level
>> early.
>>
>> Was this only with T2 or was it also with the patched
>> version of TDP.
>
> It should work.
>
>> The problem is that I'm not playing the original original
>> version, but a re-issued version (by Sold Out?) that
>> allready has the last patch on.
>>
>> In case your wondering, I think The Lost City is far
>> better without lots of Hammerites wandering about ;-)
>
> But you don't get The Opera House and The
> Mage Place, and that Thief Sewer one.
> Hammerites in the Lost City give you more
> people to bonk on the head and more pockets
> to check for change.

Agreed, but one of the things I was very impressed with when playing TDP
for the first time was the sense lonelyness in Lost City. I felt that this
was lost with Thief Gold.

Also, I'm not that keen on the extra missions (I do have Thief Gold BTW :))

Mos wrote:

> Hammerites in the Lost City give you more
> people to bonk on the head and more pockets
> to check for change.

Actually, it was Mages in the Lost City. Mechanists infest it in Thief
2. I don't think hammers are ever found there.

And, come to think of it... I think the cheats might have been added in
Thief Gold. I don't think there were any in Thief: DP, which is why
people who jumped the lava moat in the Lost City were really stuck, and
had to start over. Or am I remembering incorrectly?

-Kevin

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 05:14:53 GMT Kevin Goodsell said :

>Mos wrote:
>
>> Hammerites in the Lost City give you more
>> people to bonk on the head and more pockets
>> to check for change.
>>

>Actually, it was Mages in the Lost City. Mechanists infest it in Thief
>2. I don't think hammers are ever found there.
>
>And, come to think of it... I think the cheats might have been added in
>Thief Gold. I don't think there were any in Thief: DP, which is why
>people who jumped the lava moat in the Lost City were really stuck, and
>had to start over. Or am I remembering incorrectly?
>
>-Kevin

I am not sure if it was Thief of Thief Gold but I remember a game engine
for conversation sake. You would replace the one with the game and then
even a lowly Cumpas could be used to generate gas. You could snuff out
your enemies as well as torches.

Sure was a fun thing to use when you wanted revenge. HA !

Geneve

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

> Just give me a overload of arrows in that level and I am a happy camper.

I've never had thief gold, so I only remember it from TDP... and an
overload of WATER arrows would have been my favourite request for that
mission.

Although I was surprise that you could take out a fire elemental with a
broadhead arrow if it were unalerted to your presence.

Daniel.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:51:25 -0600 Michael Cecil said :

>Bah, where's the fun in that? Might as well delete the motiondb.bin file
>and enjoy walking around the unmoving NPCs.

I take it you never tried the hidden level in thief ?

:)

--

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:51:25 -0600 Michael Cecil said :
>>
>>Bah, where's the fun in that? Might as well delete the
>>motiondb.bin file and enjoy walking around the unmoving
>>NPCs.
>>

> I take it you never tried the hidden level in thief ?
>
> :)

Do you mean one of the two in Deady Shadows ?
The one from the Hammerite area had a lot more
undead in it than the other one.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:37:43 -0700 Mos said :

>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:51:25 -0600 Michael Cecil said :
>>>
>>>Bah, where's the fun in that? Might as well delete the
>>>motiondb.bin file and enjoy walking around the unmoving
>>>NPCs.
>>>

>> I take it you never tried the hidden level in thief ?
>>
>> :)
>
>Do you mean one of the two in Deady Shadows ?
>The one from the Hammerite area had a lot more
>undead in it than the other one.

It was either the first thief or the gold version that had the
hidden level.

Funny level.....

Two in Deadly Shadows? Ohh where can I bring that up ?
I want to see that...............

Geneve

--

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:37:43 -0700 Mos said :
>>

>>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

>>> I take it you never tried the hidden level in thief ?
>>>
>>> :)
>>
>>Do you mean one of the two in Deady Shadows ?
>>The one from the Hammerite area had a lot more
>>undead in it than the other one.
>>

> It was either the first thief or the gold version that
> had the hidden level.

I know there was a blooper level of Bafford's.

> Funny level.....
>
> Two in Deadly Shadows? Ohh where can I bring that up ?
> I want to see that...............

I was kidding. Wanted to shake a few people up.
If there really were any, people would have found
them and talked about them.

Geneve wrote:

> Too bad the flash bombs are a useless thing in that game. might
> as well not have put them in there if you ask me.

I'm not sure if this is referring to the game as a whole or that
particular level, or if you are even serious, but flash bombs are far
from useless. In fact, they are so useful that using them is almost
cheating. You may be unaware that they cause damage to undead creatures,
but if you haven't noticed their effect on humans then you've been using
them incorrectly. Try getting a guard's attention (so he's running
toward you) and drop[1] one at your feet. You can also blackjack a
blinded guard, even if he's seen you. You can easily take out 4 or 5
guards this way.

[1] Drop it, don't throw it. It makes little difference in Thief 1, but
in Thief 2 you will be blinded if you are looking at the flash.

-Kevin