Windows doesn't recognized me as an administrator

I encountered and interesting issue with Windows XP Home Edition this
morning. I tried to load a new program, and Windows gave me the following
error message:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration
modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrator account."

I have always been an administrator on this machine. I checked in "User
Accounts", and accoding to that, I still am. Anyone know why I would be
disallowed to install new programs?

Thanks!

I have found that some programs need to be installed by the administrator
account (the built in account), and not by a user in the administrator group.
Is this an older piece of software, I have seen these cause problems like
this.

Jeff S.
out1649@hotmail.com

"Bikerdup" wrote:

> I encountered and interesting issue with Windows XP Home Edition this
> morning. I tried to load a new program, and Windows gave me the following
> error message:
>
> "You do not have access to make the required system configuration
> modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrator account."
>
> I have always been an administrator on this machine. I checked in "User
> Accounts", and accoding to that, I still am. Anyone know why I would be
> disallowed to install new programs?
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for the response, Jeff. Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't work.
I booted into Safe mode, logged on using the Administrator account, and got
the same error message. It's like the computer refuses to load any new
programs, regardless of who is trying to load them. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike