Is there a mobo out there that

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Hi,

Is there a mobo out there that will run 2/3way SLI, runs ddr2 ram and will work with a intel core 2 quad Q8200 for under £100?

prefrences are:

Asus or Gygabyte
Intel + Nvidia
full ATX form

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
cheers iv been looking for ages..there is an asus p5...something...thats not to bad but it looks very entry level.

im only asking so i dont have to replace my cpu and or ram

I have an EVGA 750i motherboard, brand new never used still in the box that I can sell to you for 40.00 plus shipping or get it directly from EVGA for 50.00 plus shipping. The one thing I found about this particular board is you need to be able to flash the BIOS before using the 8xxx or 9xxx cpus because they may not work with the version of the BIOS it was shipped with.

If you have an older cpu that you can use (or get a 15.00 P4 on ebay) you can work around that and it will work fine.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=122-YW-E173-RX&family=Motherboard%20Family&series=&sw=20

The board and I/O plate is all that is in the box. You will want to download the latest drivers from EVGA's website anyway...

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

thhat sounds good. i have an old P4 i think i will find out today, in an older machine my girlfriend uses.

i looked at there website and found the 123-YW-E175-RX nForce 750i SLI FTW. $50 dollas posted...and i live in england so thats about £40 +postage.

im sorry if thats the same board you said lol.

Thats almost the same board. Its an upgrade from mine being the FTW rev. That one will work fine too. I don't know for sure if they fixed the BIOS in the FTW to improve cpu compatibility or not. You can google to find out.

I'm too sleepy and going to bed now, sorry. Lol...

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
no problem mate, it says core 2 extreme /quad / duo and all that so im guessing its a nice lga775 socket =D just got to pay for shipping it to the UK :(

Yes but you were budgeting for under £100 and it would seem it should be close to that when all said and done. Have you tried to go through the ordering process to see what the shipping would cost?

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
i will see what they can do, as the UK version of therre website doesnt have the B-Stock page which is annoying. I will mail them or something and figure out how much postage and cost is in £, i will allso ask if it will accept my cpu.

thanks for the help i will update when i can

TRENDING THREADS