FM: Damsel in Distress

Just completed this FM but I have a question. Is there more than one way
into the mansion? The readme file would seem to suggest that there is some
sort of secret passage but I couldn't find it. In the end, I had to launch a
frontal assault on the building starting with blowing up the mechanical eye
with a fire arrow and then using various tools and weapons to take out the
mechanists. Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
doing things but I simply could not find any other way.

nightwalker

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just completed this FM but I have a question. Is there more than one way
> into the mansion? The readme file would seem to suggest that there is some
> sort of secret passage but I couldn't find it. In the end, I had to launch
> frontal assault on the building starting with blowing up the mechanical
eye
> with a fire arrow and then using various tools and weapons to take out the
> mechanists. Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
> doing things but I simply could not find any other way.

Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground tunnels
with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into the
mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the street.

Nightwalker

--
Remove "leavemealone" from email address when replying.

> Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground tunnels
> with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into the
> mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the
street.

Would those be the tunnels that the Mechanists were excavating? I never did
find those.

> > Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground
tunnels
> > with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into
the
> > mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the
> street.
>
> Would those be the tunnels that the Mechanists were excavating? I never
did
> find those.

Ah yes, I've found it now. Looking back on it now the clue in the book was
quite obvious.

Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
> doing things but I simply could not find any other way.

But sometimes the most fun! Nothing like running around in big circles
dropping mines/flash bomb behind you and turning around to see the
carnage unfold...

D.

"Daniel C" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
> Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
> > doing things but I simply could not find any other way.
>

> But sometimes the most fun! Nothing like running around in big circles
> dropping mines/flash bomb behind you and turning around to see the
> carnage unfold...

I couldn't agree more. It really is a great way to vent steam. By the time I
had finished, there was bodies of Mechanists strewn all over the place.
Absolute carnage.

Incidently, is it possible to kill the invisible demon thingies? I have
tried fighting one with my sword a few times and it did seem to get injured
but it always gets me. Bloody fast they are too.