FM: Damsel in Distress

Just completed this FM but I have a question. Is there more than one way
into the mansion? The readme file would seem to suggest that there is some
sort of secret passage but I couldn't find it. In the end, I had to launch a
frontal assault on the building starting with blowing up the mechanical eye
with a fire arrow and then using various tools and weapons to take out the
mechanists. Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
doing things but I simply could not find any other way.
5 answers Last reply
More about damsel distress
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just completed this FM but I have a question. Is there more than one way
    > into the mansion? The readme file would seem to suggest that there is some
    > sort of secret passage but I couldn't find it. In the end, I had to launch
    > frontal assault on the building starting with blowing up the mechanical
    eye
    > with a fire arrow and then using various tools and weapons to take out the
    > mechanists. Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
    > doing things but I simply could not find any other way.

    Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground tunnels
    with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into the
    mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the street.

    Nightwalker

    --
    Remove "leavemealone" from email address when replying.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground tunnels
    > with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into the
    > mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the
    street.

    Would those be the tunnels that the Mechanists were excavating? I never did
    find those.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > > Yes, there's another way in. Did you get down into the underground
    tunnels
    > > with the funny, sparkly creatures floating around? There's a way into
    the
    > > mansion from the tunnel that is right under a sewer hatch up to the
    > street.
    >
    > Would those be the tunnels that the Mechanists were excavating? I never
    did
    > find those.

    Ah yes, I've found it now. Looking back on it now the clue in the book was
    quite obvious.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
    > doing things but I simply could not find any other way.

    But sometimes the most fun! Nothing like running around in big circles
    dropping mines/flash bomb behind you and turning around to see the
    carnage unfold...

    D.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Daniel C" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
    > Obviously this is a very cack handed and un-thieflike way of
    > > doing things but I simply could not find any other way.
    >

    > But sometimes the most fun! Nothing like running around in big circles
    > dropping mines/flash bomb behind you and turning around to see the
    > carnage unfold...

    I couldn't agree more. It really is a great way to vent steam. By the time I
    had finished, there was bodies of Mechanists strewn all over the place.
    Absolute carnage.

    Incidently, is it possible to kill the invisible demon thingies? I have
    tried fighting one with my sword a few times and it did seem to get injured
    but it always gets me. Bloody fast they are too.

Games Video Games