How to convert a duel boot to a single boot

Six months ago finally upgraded to XPsp1. When I installed XP I used a duel
boot option, just to make sure it was stable and left WIN98. At present I
have WIN98 on C, my apps on D and XP on E. I would like to now eliminate
Win 98 altogether and just have XP on the C. Is there a way to do this
without have to reinstall everything? I do have Drive Image, so that I can
save the XP drive intact, but if I try to install the XP image over the
Win98 image on C, it will not boot.

Any ideas or referrals to a existent page that addresses this?

Thanks.

Justin
1 answer Last reply
More about convert duel boot single boot

    You can't arbitrarily change the boot partition drive letter, you'll need to
    clean install. To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom.
    restart the pc booting the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter
    assignments with your new install.

    Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these to your new install before connecting
    to any network.

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "justin tyme" wrote:
    | Six months ago finally upgraded to XPsp1. When I installed XP I used a
    duel
    | boot option, just to make sure it was stable and left WIN98. At present I
    | have WIN98 on C, my apps on D and XP on E. I would like to now eliminate
    | Win 98 altogether and just have XP on the C. Is there a way to do this
    | without have to reinstall everything? I do have Drive Image, so that I
    can
    | save the XP drive intact, but if I try to install the XP image over the
    | Win98 image on C, it will not boot.
    |
    | Any ideas or referrals to a existent page that addresses this?
    |
    | Thanks.
    |

    | Justin

Configuration Boot Windows XP