Can anyone help fix my acer laptop for free?

maverick_01

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Hello,
hi my acer laptop wont boot up,when i turn it on it gives me the options to start windows normally,goto safe mode and go to last good configuration setting but when u try any of these a blue screen comes up for couple of seconds and then the cycle starts again.can u help?

shovenose

Distinguished
yeah, you need to use the windows install cd. try a repair install first, if that doesnt work, you will have to completely reinstall windows (you will lose all your data). also, it is a possibility your hard drive is on its way out, but thats not very likely

maverick_01

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

I HAVE TRYED TO DO A REPAIR INSTALL,IT DOES'NT WORK,I CANT EVEN GET THE BIOS SCREEN UP,LIKE I SAID THERE REALLY IS NOTHING TO WORK WIV HERE.I GET WAT THEY CALL THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH COME UP 4 FEW SECONDS THEN IT JUST REPEATS CYCLE THAT I SAID IN LAST MESSAGE.DO U THINK THE HARD DRIVE HAS HAD IT LIKE THAT OTHER CHAP SUGGESTED?

shovenose

Distinguished
well if you get a bsod, the bios is fine. it should have the acer logo for a short time before windows loads (or bsods).
PULEEZ NO CAPS THEYRE NOT NEEDED :)
if u live in san rafael, CA, bring it by i can take a look at it 4 free

Bios access for acer seems to be <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Esc> or F2 based on age of the system. Some system allow you to change boot order on start up by pressing a F-key, I have heard of F12, F8 and one or the other of F4-6.

G

could any1 help me i have a acer laptop and it just going a blue screen is there a key i can press and puts it back to factory settings

hari4sh

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hello I have got the same issue on my aspire 4551. When I start the windows it comes to the page where it says repair or start windows normally. If I say repair it loads some files and goes to windows starting page with windows logo and from there it goes blank. If I say start windows normally it is same again. I tried safe mode too. It doesn't start in the mode also. When I press alt+ f10 it says HDD recovery validation failed. I have tried to reboot with windows ultimate 7 and it does not load. When I tried with windows sp2 it starts windows setup. It loads few files and says starting windows. Then suddenly on blue screen it says error message. Computer shut Down to prevent the data loss and gives code stop: 0*000007b . Please help. Is that a hard disk failure?