Sign in with
Your question

Lowest safe vcore for phenom 2 x6 1055T?

Last response: in CPUs
June 19, 2010 1:17:30 AM

So I have a case with poor airflow, and I've got my 1055T running at 1.3 vcore (51c in intel burn test), but as the weather starts to heat up, I know this is going to become a serious problem.

Soo... what's the lowest I can get it to run safely?
June 19, 2010 1:19:49 AM

edit: ah i understand what you meant now lol. As long as you stay under 61 C (i'd stay under 58 C) you should be fine.

As far as the "safeness" of low volts, as long as its stable (prime95/LinX/intel burntest/etc) then you're fine.
m
l
June 19, 2010 1:20:24 AM

spongeguar said:
So I have a case with poor airflow, and I've got my 1055T running at 1.3 vcore (51c in intel burn test), but as the weather starts to heat up, I know this is going to become a serious problem.

Soo... what's the lowest I can get it to run safely?

Keep in mind that this is only until around september when I can afford a new case and HSF. Running at stock speeds too.
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2010 1:25:02 AM

XD_dued said:
huh? Do you mean highest? Lower is actually better for the cpu, and will lower your temps! As long as you stay under 61 (i'd stay under 58) you should be fine.

As far as the "safeness" of low volts, as long as its stable (prime95/LinX/intel burntest/etc) then you're fine.

Sorry for double post

No, I mean lowest. Temps here will increase by about 10c over the next couple of months, and I want to know what the lowest safe vcore is so that I can get lowest temps without risking overheating.
m
l
June 19, 2010 1:27:02 AM

XD_dued said:
Okay, i understnad what you mean now. Just gradually lower the volts, and check for stability along the way. I'd decrease by steps of .050v and run prime95 for 15 mins, until it crashes. Then try running the last stable one for 24 hrs, and if that fails move the volts up some more. Continue this until you can run prime95 stable for 24hrs, then it should be good.

No one can really give you a definite answer because each cpu is different.

Oh I know. The reason I ask is so that I can get an average between people and just go off of that.
m
l
June 19, 2010 1:28:17 AM

Okay, i understnad what you mean now. Just gradually lower the volts, and check for stability along the way. I'd decrease by steps of .050v and run prime95 for 15 mins, until it crashes. Then try running the last stable one for 24 hrs, and if that fails move the volts up some more. Continue this until you can run prime95 stable for 24hrs, then it should be good.

No one can really give you a definite answer because each cpu is different.
m
l
June 19, 2010 1:32:38 AM

Alright, I generally go with overclocks with my cpus so i guess i'm not much help :p . Well good luck :) .
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2010 1:49:04 AM

You can run it as low as possible. Any lower-voltage is safe because it will not harm your PC. The only problem is it either won't boot or will crash if it's too low.

Just set it as low as possible for stable running.
m
l
!