DH-14 on the asus P8Z77-V

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
This cooler covers 2 ram slots not one as I have read in some reviews.And if you in install it so the air fow is towards the exhaust like you should and use both fans it covers all the ram slots.
I hope the gskill ares ram I have coming inst bad since it would be a pita to have to remove the HS just to get the ram out of the second slot.
Im upgrading from a lynfield 2700 to a ivy bridge 3770k and even after all the reserch I did on the noctura I still ran into some delays this massive cooler is causing.And mobo too.I had to order a sata dvd drive since the LG I have isnt sata and had to also get an 8 pin extension since I have a bottom mounted psu and it wouldnt quite reach around the noctura.Now Im worried about the GTX 680 fitting.Anyone have a P8Z77-V,GTX680 and DH-14???? Will it fit???

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
I ordered the 1866- 8 gig version.
I have yet to complete the build as I am waiting for the mem to arrive that I ordered yesterday that will be here today.Newegg has a warehouse nearby so I usually get it the next day if I order soon enough.I was going to use my viper II sector 5 but I wouldnt have been able to replace it without removing the cooler.

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008

I see you got that cpu running pretty fast..What are your temps like.?

heizenbrg

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I have the Pro version, that 1866 8gb gskill ram, the noctua, and a Gigabyte gtx 670 OC. I have the windforce cooler on which is pretty big, and I had no problems installing it, even on my first build. Undress stress it runs at about 68C, can run BF3 on ultra, but with Crysis 3 I get massive fps drops even on medium, very disappointed, temps are 68C MAX for the GPU. Are the performance problems caused by the cpu running full load 100% usage( with crysis 3, bf runs the cpu at 86 max)? if not what, can't be a bottleneck right

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008

Have you updated your display driver to 314.07WHQL....Im not sure if that will help since nvidia only listed a performance increase under the 690 card.

heizenbrg

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

Yes, latest drivers. I'll have to get back to you and check the gpu usage, but i'm certain it's not being fully used, most work is done by the Cpu if it is under so much load, even though I find it strange since I'm running 1920x1080 which should stress the gpu instead of the CPU.
The only other thing I can think of is the PSU has a constant buzzing sound, Rma'd it once already but it still happens, I wonder if it's because of that, It may not give enough power to the components, but I'm just guessing here.