Asus GTX 295 Top

speedy_klan

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
yeah .. but what can i say i know what major update ati has bring with the new card 5970, i know that is exceptional with the DirectX 11 and all the reviews are positive for ati.. BUT.. let`s face it.. Ati always stayed bad at the support ( and here i mean DRIVERS ) i have one ati Hd 2600xt pro and i am very disappointed because it doesn`t run at the full speed as it should be.. * is the agp version

and now that u have the reason why i chose Nvidia instead ATI.. help me.. if i`m wrong i accept any blames :D

thank`s again :)

speedy_klan

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
my actual computer is a p4 3.2 Ghz presscot HT, Asus p4 c800e-deluxe (MB), 2 gb ram Corsair cl 2.5, ati hd 2600 xt pro, 320gb seagate 16 mb buffer sata, and a supply 650w Corsair.. i recived on my birthday a MB p5nd and i wanna put a Q9650 or something good for overclock and a good card but between 400$ and 500$ if u understand.. what i need :)

i`m a freak gamer :p

LOL at buying a GTX 295/5970 for a single core machine.

Can you say "Massive Bottleneck" 10 times in 30 seconds?

Also, Wait for the 26th, and buy either a GTX 480 or a 5870 or a 5970.

Even though Nvidia products are more expensive, slower, and produce more heat, and don't support DX 11, and use more power when they do all that fun stuff, It's still worth it since you get stable drivers, and cards that just work, 100% of the Time.

The other day my HD 2600, Which is like a thousand years old, and has no effect on the current cards/drivers, ran into driver issues! How do you explain that!

Nvidia has NEVER NEVER EVER EVER had ANY problems with drivers.

The other day I heard ATI realsed some new drivers, version 196.75, that were frying cards!

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009

That was nvidia. nvidia drivers were frying cards. May I take this opportunity to point out how wrong your misconceptions are about ATI drivers. You are wrong. it has been many years since ATI driver issues could be pointed out as much more than user error. And the vast majority of the time there are driver issues with ATI is because the nvidia drivers that refuse to be removed without using a special program (like driver sweeper) interfere with ATI drivers function.

Stop talking about something you are obviously completely ignorant and misinformed about.

The entire thing was sarcastic. Was it realy so unfunny that nobody got it?

this is all BS here

sell all the crap you have including your motherboard and build a fresh new rig based on an i5 or AMD whatever depending on budget and forget about the garbage GTX295 - only an idiot would buy one here and now when theres a new gen out, and ESPECIALLY when ATi offers something better in every aspect.

Get over your fanboi *** and take a good look around - if anything as other posts point out nvidia has been doing the wrong lately - take a look at the mess they left for HP when all there GPU's and IGP's failed in all the compaq/hp laptops, or the mess they made for microsoft with drivers for vista etc

Building a new rig based on an outdated motherboard as your platform is simply stupid.

As for an answer to your original question - they both use reference nvidia designs - there the same card.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009

The internet is a rather infamous for being a poor place to exhibit sarcastic humor. Now that I know, though, yes, quite funny. The line between sarcasm and idiocy is very hard to see over the internet. And with the proliferation of the latter, harder to assume sarcasm at all, hah.

Right, all sarcastic remarks from Bob will now be followed with /Sarcasm.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Unfortunately, this is the only way to be sure. Like I said, idiocy is far more commonplace than sarcasm, and thus, the first impession is usually that which we are more familiar with.

I apologize for the harshness of my response. I am a little jaded by the idiots portion of the interwebs.

Jofa.

Wow.

Allow me to speak in JofaTalk.

It's becoming increasingly difficult for the vast majority of internet-users to comprehend your rather grammatically difficult and vocab-intense words. Though I do not indeed speak for the community, it would be appreciable of you to utilize more every-day language.

Yeh, Shame on on him for being cultured, and educated, and having proper grammar!

/Sarcasm.

speedy_klan

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010

dude.. let me tell you.. this crap as u said .. has done his job and his worth by 500% because all the money spent in this crap of computer has bought over 30k $ so... if understand this now i ask you to be polite and use a normal vocab.. no one offended you.. i guess i`ll go on i7 and for the graphics... waiting to see the answer to the 5970 ... if someone has some technical specification on 480 post it please...

Hey, Shadow, Don't you prefer Jofa's use of proper grammer and spelling, or do you understand what he's trying to say here?

Speedy, can you explain the situation better? You say you have a P5ND mobo yet you're using a Pentiun 4; then you can upgrade to an i7. What's the situation mate?

@Builder; stop trolling, :hello:.

speedy_klan

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
my actual comp is the p4 and i wanna make a new system; i`ve done some configs and i`ve come with the conclusion that is better to sell the p5nd mobo and buy a gygabyte ud5 with the support for i7.. the graphics is the key..

some advice?? or i should stay to p5nd and put a quad core instead of i7 920 ???

TRENDING THREADS