Double check this build

godftw

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
15zl8on.jpg

sorry bout the smallness was trying to fit it in one screen the total was about 650 rebates put it right under 600 if i recall
i figure that's as cheap as i'm going to get it while maintaining a reasonable performance point.

if you guys wouldn't mind could you look over this one more time for me to make sure everything is compatible and that i didn't make any stupid mistakes/ choices. i read through alot of stuff and whitefang gave me some perspective, only issues i can see is

the power supply whitefang/others have recommended this combo but im alittle skeptical about the ocz brand and the corsair had a discount although this build prolly wont use anywhere near 650w

2nd im prolly gonna stick with the 4850 but im pretty sure i could get away with the 4670, 4650 as the gaming i will be doing will prolly be rts games and *maybe* alittle fps

4th im not sure about cases i see a bunch of names thrown around mainly antec 300 900 but i feel those are kinda around were im aiming

budget case apex vortex 360
mid end raidmax quantum
mid end1 coolermaster 690
mid end2 azza solano 1000
mid+ thermaltake v9
mid+1 nzxt tempest
mid+2 storm scout (newegg no free ship atm on this)

ive seen recommendations + checked reviews and they all are about the sameish my preference goes to the haf 922 (i also like the thermaltake v9 and the storm scout) and i put in some recommended and cheap

i liked the toolless drive bays /fans / black insides /sideways harddrive slots(seems would be easier to manage once the mobo is in) /ways to manage cables /time savers /filters

yea rant thread#2 over- but as i have no experience with any computer parts/things and my current computer is almost 10 yrs old i figured i better ask people who actually know what there talking about or have personal experience with these parts - thanks to whitefang and the other person who posted in my other thread - anything i missed lmk - ill try to post up some pics after i get this build done although they may be cameraphone pics as my camera hates me - rant really over ;)

godftw

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
i was thinkin something like that but the antec runs 70$ i figured for 80-90 i could get a better case on my list and i get more features(fans, toolless design, prettier insides/outsides) and slightly more room if i wanna upgrade or keep the case for another build.

ill change the cpu thnx

and idk why newegg doesn't show the rebates but that corsair actually has a 20$ rebate and with that it is the same cost as the one you suggested (and corsair is a better brand???)

also there's alot of case deals with ocz brand psus they seem to have good reviews 70%+ 5* but ive seen some bad reviews for other ocz products so im not sure if there company is bad or just some of there products
the ocz 600+ watts come for like 20-30$ in combo deals after rebates( only with the storm scout and haf922 ) but those were my first choices

thanks for helping, seems noone else is interested in the non-"L337" builds :??:

godftw

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
that may be right i assumed it was just a the more the better thing... these are some of the case+ psu i was speaking about
all around 105$ ( +shipping for the storm scout) (which is less then the 60$ psu + the Antec 70$) .... but the tradeoff is a better case for a ocz psu ?? still not sure ? anyone have experience with the ocz brand psus? they have pretty good reviews and are 80+ certified with 3 year limited warranty

Storm Scout
Storm Scout2
Haf 922
Haf 922 2

as far as the graphics goes... im going to be doing gaming.... but not really gaming by anyone else's standards..... prolly just very low requirement strategy games "starcraft-Starcraft2, warcraft" and possibly something else like a fps... but i doubt i would even need the 4850

new final??? build list?

godftw

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
case used was the haf 922...the storm scout was +20 shipping so...and the thermaltake was 100 with no combo deals

graphics card i left 4850 i fuigre it was a good medium between the 4650-4670(needed) and the 5770(overkill)

psu was downed to a 550... not sure if the higher psu is actually a problem... but i think i read that psus that run lower are less efficient?? so it was prolly a good thing you pointed that out

i checked some of the reviews for ocz ... i think its like 75% 5star so review wise it was good.... and unless i get a fault one it should be fine?? (side note was the long/bad rebate system for ocz... may be bad)(and apparently some of the cables are short)

case wise its prolly alittle bigger then i would have liked... but it seems like a good case free shipping and with the combo
case+psu it comes to under 55$ for each case/psu (total like 105$) for 55 i think its better then the antec 300(70$) or the centurion 5 (50$) or the cheap case on my list apex vortex (40)

total came to 600 and after rebates alittle over 540...