Sign in with
Your question

ATI 5850 & BFBC2 Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2010 9:15:55 PM

Ok so I bit the bullet and finally purchased an ATI 5850 XXX Edition that has the factory OC on it. Anyway to give my new card a run I purchased BFBC2 and can easily run the game at 1440x900 maxxed out and maintain anywhere from 55-90 fps at any given time, HOWEVER when loading new levels sometimes everything will load but I get a black screen instead, I can hear the audio and my guy still moves, my map and crosshair still display but nothing else. Alt tabbing out and back in seems to fix this most of th times but sometimes it crashes to my desktop.

I have re-installed the card, drivers, catalyst drivers and even the game on steam however I'm still getting the same error and it seems to happen completely randomly. I've tried some of the "fixes" like turning off bloom, hbao and what not but it still happens. It's only a minor annoyance right now but I would like it to function like it should, instead of like it is. I should also note that it only happens in BFBC2 not anyother games that I play.

I've looked other places but cant seem to find any real answers so I'm here asking th experts.

Overall I am VERY happy with this upgrade since I was using an 8800GT 512mb so it was a huge upgrade for me.

More about : ati 5850 bfbc2 problem

a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2010 9:32:24 PM

Try some patches for bad company 2;)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2010 9:45:47 PM

the game still has alot of issues, at this point its jsut a case of waiting for the next patch.

the problem i have is that it occasionally windows itself, which means the screen randomly goes blank, then i'm staring at a windowed version of the game. as soon as i click, it goes black again, and then is back to normal. i'm usually dead by this point though.
that and the weird thing where my class and weapon loudout changes when a medic revives me...

m
l
Related resources
March 20, 2010 9:59:19 PM

welshmousepk said:
the game still has alot of issues, at this point its jsut a case of waiting for the next patch.

the problem i have is that it occasionally windows itself, which means the screen randomly goes blank, then i'm staring at a windowed version of the game. as soon as i click, it goes black again, and then is back to normal. i'm usually dead by this point though.
that and the weird thing where my class and weapon loudout changes when a medic revives me...

Ah ok, glad to know that it's not my hardware as I was a little worried about that. I shall deal with the problem until a new patch comes out.
m
l
March 23, 2010 4:43:43 PM

bad company 2 has massive problems. They fixed some with the new patches.

For instance. opening scene it would just crash right back to desktop.
another problem was when i searched for punkbuster servers it crashed to desktop.

m
l
March 23, 2010 6:18:05 PM

welshmousepk said:

are you running multiple monitors?
I have this same issue and i think it is caused by the 2nd monitor.

my second monitor is black upon starting the game, but about a minute into it my bc2 goes black and goes into windowed mode but my second monitor is no longer black and i can see whats on there. as soon as i click on the BC2 window it re sizes and things work great. just a thought

regarding ur medic problem... are u playing a medic? because if u are and die, it is likely that someone stole ur kit to revive you, therefore you are revived with their kit
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2010 1:28:24 AM

jinx5000 said:
are you running multiple monitors?
I have this same issue and i think it is caused by the 2nd monitor.

my second monitor is black upon starting the game, but about a minute into it my bc2 goes black and goes into windowed mode but my second monitor is no longer black and i can see whats on there. as soon as i click on the BC2 window it re sizes and things work great. just a thought

regarding ur medic problem... are u playing a medic? because if u are and die, it is likely that someone stole ur kit to revive you, therefore you are revived with their kit

i have a second monitor plugged in, but not turned on (its across the room so i can play in bed, lazy i know).

that makes sense about the medic problem actually. ive just finished leveling the medic and hadn't even thought that was the case. weird thing though is it usually spawns me with the first weapon of any given kit, and no ammo. frustrating, since id rather get a death and spawn with my own kit.
m
l
April 15, 2010 4:45:05 AM

i have this same issue with my new Hd5850.... wish i knew what would fix it...
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 23, 2010 9:39:14 PM

hey ,I just had same thing .Black Screen . just installed 5770 POWERCOLOUR 1G. I got really confused ! how did u solve the thing out?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 23, 2010 9:44:14 PM

I cut a hole at back of my computer, cuz the HD 5770 has 2 parraelled DVI plug. I had to cut a place for it. I play BFBC2 whole night until this morning I got the balck screen for 3 times. that is little concern about the quality of my card or my computer.maybe it is the problem from BFBBC2 itself? I got new version last night .before I use 8500GT. never got this sceen.
m
l
May 12, 2010 12:05:55 AM

I have a 5830 and have been having the same issue.. today it has happened numerous times... I think its just an issue with the 58xx ati series cards. Kinda mad right now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2010 12:36:37 AM

make sure both the game and your drivers are updated (newest driver should be 10.4)
m
l
May 12, 2010 7:09:45 PM

NEW DRIVERS NO FIX....LAME
m
l
October 5, 2010 1:47:57 AM

I'm running two ATI HD 5770 in crossfire and while playing BFBC2, I'm getting a blsck screen and then the game stoppes and I end up on my desktop.

Any Ideas?
m
l
!