Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EVGA vs Asus

Last response: in Motherboards
December 19, 2010 12:44:42 AM

Hey everybody, I am gonna build an i7 950 build and I am looking @ motherboards. The Asus Rampage III Formula seems to be a great board with ROG connect and all the features the other board has (it seems). The other board is the eVGA Classified 3, which is 135 dollars more expensive, doesnt have ROG connect and seems to be a waste of money.

Anyone with experience using these boards please reply and try and convince me one or the other, because it seems the Formula is a MUCH better buy imo because im getting a single 570, and due to the price of the card, I probably wont go ANY higher than dual sli, and by that time 67x comes out.

Thankyou all!
Intel1502

More about : evga asus

a c 235 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 19, 2010 12:51:41 AM

If you are just getting a single GTX 570, the ROG is a waste of money, as well. I would go with the ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 or ASUS P6X58D-E instead. They are a much better deal!

If you were planning on running multiple cards, I would go with the EVGA X58 Classified 3. It is the better overall board for a 2+ card setup (excluding Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 or EVGA Classified SR2).
m
l
December 19, 2010 3:56:31 AM

No it's either one or the two, I'm after a red / black theme... I don't think the rog is a 'waste of money' because it's free with the cheapest board that fits my collie scheme and will help me with my 3.8ghz-4.0ghz overcloco
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 19, 2010 6:07:29 AM

Hello,

Well, first, on ncixus.com, there's only a 75$ difference between the 2, the Asus being the less expensive. With the EVGA, you've got a Lifetime Warranty with registration within 30 days of purchase. With Asus, it's only a 3 years warranty.

The EVGA is a EATX form factor, and the Asus is an ATX. Depending on the size of your case, this might matter.

On the EVGA, you've got by default a VERY big NB active cooler. With Asus, the active one is optional (it is in the box)

On the EVGA, you've got a 10-phase CPU power. With Asus, it's only 8-phase. Which transltate with more stable power for the CPU with EVGA

On the EVGA, the CPU power connectors are 2 8-pin. Asus has only one 8-pin.

On the EVGA, the CPU area is smaller, meaning less place for a big cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 (it can only fit verticaly, and by bending a little bit the NB cooler). With Asus, it fits in any direction)

With Asus, you've got one molex connector for additional power to the GPUs. The EVGA doesn't have one.

Asus has two BIOSs. EVGA has only one.

There are a lot more differences between the 2, but overall, I think that the EVGA Classified 3 is better, principaly because of its lifetime warranty.

So here you go, hope this helps !
al360ex
December 26, 2010 11:42:46 AM

Best answer selected by intel1502.
m
l
!