Sign in with
Your question

No fps gain OC GPU 4870 1gb

Last response: in Overclocking
February 28, 2013 6:27:27 PM

So i did a benchmarks on Sleeping dogs on normal setting and i was getting : 51fps avg- 91 max fps and 31low fps. This was with my OC'd gpu. So i tested with with no OC and i was getting the same results except i had 101max fps instead. What in the hell is going on? Is it because the game is poorly coded or my gpu is too old that it won't make a difference?

Here's what i did on my GPU; 750core clock/900memory clock for 790core clock/1100memory clock. I tested 20 mins and everything was fine on MSI Kombuster. Do i need to increase the power limit or core voltage???

THanks

More about : fps gain gpu 4870 1gb

a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2013 6:49:13 PM

you incresed 10fps max?? whats the problem? what you need to do is put a fps cap of your average which is 50 and it will play alot smoother than jumping from 90 up and down, there ain't nothing wrong with 50fps and the difference between 50 and 60 is invisible to the naked eye,
memory overclock doesn't have much of an effect on fps as what core clock does which you increased by 40mhz which is about 5.5% increase what did you expect to see?
m
l
February 28, 2013 7:02:10 PM

kiezz said:
you incresed 10fps max?? whats the problem? what you need to do is put a fps cap of your average which is 50 and it will play alot smoother than jumping from 90 up and down, there ain't nothing wrong with 50fps and the difference between 50 and 60 is invisible to the naked eye,
memory overclock doesn't have much of an effect on fps as what core clock does which you increased by 40mhz which is about 5.5% increase what did you expect to see?

And how i put a 50fps avr cap?
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2013 7:14:40 PM

there is an fps limiter in the game graphics options while in-game or enabling v-sync will at least make the refresh rate whatever is native to your monitor
m
l
February 28, 2013 7:28:34 PM

kiezz said:
there is an fps limiter in the game graphics options while in-game or enabling v-sync will at least make the refresh rate whatever is native to your monitor

Well now i gained 6fps with my OC GPU because i saved the settings. It's weird but w/e. I can only set the fps limit to 37,5 or 75fps in game. So i don't know what to pick. And thx for helping me btw.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2013 7:36:58 PM

No problem glad to help, have you tried v-sync? Most people don't have over a 60hz monitor so v-sync should keep you at 60fps, there are other ways to limit fps but I'm not familiar with them, I think catalyst control center can be used or theres a way with msi afterburner
m
l
!