Sign in with
Your question

A question to CM Storm Sniper users

Last response: in Components
June 19, 2010 1:40:11 PM

Hello,
I just do not know how to install the LED fans. From the up of the case comes smth like a main wire, it has 5x Molexs on it. Now, every fan that I got with it has molex, so I can connect them to that "main" wire, but I do not know how would they get power, I connect them to the main wire, thats ok, but how should they get power? Also, every fan has some kind of two "connector" "pin", it has black and red colored wires, what should I do with them?
June 19, 2010 1:59:47 PM

This question simplier, how should I install the fans?
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2010 2:29:37 PM

i dont have that case, but...
if the fans have this:

then you connect it to this:

,which comes directly from the psu.
like this:
Related resources
June 19, 2010 2:35:14 PM

Nah, It is more complicated, I`ll try to upload a picture of them, their Molex have just two wires, the yellow and the one next to it. The red and the black wires seperated from them, and they are not on a molex.

So they have one Molex with a yellow and black? color wires.
And they have the red and black wires on a seperate connector, like this one, just without the yellow wire.
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2010 2:39:07 PM

to upload a picture:
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2010 2:40:08 PM

ok the 3pin connector goes to ur mobo. you can just connect it, you dont need to connect both molex and 3pin. so leave the molex disconnected
June 19, 2010 2:41:37 PM

But it is just two pin, and it wont fit my mobo. Just a red and black wire goes to it.
So I think that that one is the LED, and the two pin (yellow+black) is the fan.

I have connected the two pin molex to my PSU, and therefore the LED wont turn on, so the seperate red and black is connector is the LED, those are connected up to the control panel.
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2010 2:43:10 PM

i doubt it

edit: i think ur right! :) 
June 19, 2010 2:45:21 PM

It is pretty hard to explain it, and I have not found any guide how to install those.
!