Graphics card problem? / GT 240?

Hi guys,

i was trying to install windows 7 ( was going to format my hd ), its all sorted now but at one point i had reset my computer (this was before trying to install w7) and i had lots of green and other coloured lines going through my screen, i tried to reset it a couple more times and now when ever i have the monitor attached to my gt 240 the screen is so dark you cannot see anything, alot of the images are disorientated and fuzzy, the screen seems to be a very dark bluey/purple colour, i plugged my monitor into the on board video display on my motherboard and NOTHING came up at all, i then removed my GT 240 and then tryed and the image is working perfectly, i have NO idea what is wrong, i recently ordered a ati 3870x2 which should be here tomo but after having a little think, im guessing my vga port on my graphics card might of died because i do not use DVI.., i will recieve a dvi connector tomo with my new graphics card so i will let you guys know if thats the problem, other than that i cannot think of anything else, if any of you might know whats up please do say, im willing to try everything. Thanks again.
7 answers Last reply
More about graphics card problem
  1. So you reseated the GT 240 and it works normally? Sounds like it got loose from its slot and caused the stuttered image. It shouldn't be a problem as long as it doesn't show up again.
  2. nono but thank you very much i think i just found out what happened xD, it does it everytime i put the GT 240 in, but i think you just helped me out alot, there was no screw holding down the gt 240 so im guessing it must of come loose and came out of the pci-e slot a little and screwed the card up.. lesson learnt, thanks mate :)
  3. Is it working fine now?
  4. um no its still messed and screwed haha, im just using onboard at the moment i get my new graphics card tomo :P
  5. I see... well, if your new card still have issues with the PCI-e slot, check to see if there are any dust particles trapped within the a slot. Use a pressured air can to blow out any dust from it. If the problems persists, the slot and/or mobo might be damaged.
  6. Ok, thanks very much for your info and help :), il let you know tomo ;), thx again.
  7. Does your mobo require changing a BIOS setting to switch from onboard video to using a graphics card? If so, did you?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics