Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First build

Last response: in CPUs
June 19, 2010 2:47:32 PM

Hello,
I am in China, want to build first computer- for gaming- with son. I am looking for
1) a chart for compatible mobo's, chips, other components (ram, vid card), since I will have to get the best offered locally, and
2) advice

More about : build

Best solution

a c 203 à CPUs
June 19, 2010 3:33:14 PM

Hello DR;

I don't know of any single chart like you seem to be asking for - but take a look at what's on offer around here:
Homebuilt PC Buying Guide
*Guide to Choosing Parts*
Recommended Builds by Usage
Those guides should get you started in the right direction.

When you're ready to choose your parts you might want to visit the Systems- New Build section of the forum and ask for a review of your parts choices: *How To Ask For New Build Advice*
June 19, 2010 3:59:42 PM

wr2: thank you.

I may have few options here, and I will be easy to fool if I do not have some info at my fingertips.

this whole build thing should be fun. i have read various sites on steps and things to be alert/careful.
m
l
Related resources
a c 203 à CPUs
June 19, 2010 4:50:49 PM

You're welcome.

It can be a lot of fun, interesting and educational too.
Here is a forum topic that mentions some of the things you want to double check before you finish your building project.

m
l
June 21, 2010 6:56:11 AM

this next question may need to be somewhere else, but since related to above, will put here:

intel e5300 dual core, Asus P5P41C motherboard, G'force 240 w/ 1gig ram, 2 gig ddr3 1333, 7200rpm 500g/ Sata hard drive, power, case, dvd read/write: $400

do these seem to be decent for a first build average gaming machine?

I will not be offended at all and welcome any/all comments. I put off buying till I could get some feedback here.

thanks
m
l
June 21, 2010 5:07:56 PM

Best answer selected by darkroast.
m
l
!