ASUS P7P55D-E Pro with VIA HD aduio

Rainey

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro with VIA HD audio card integrated

Well i have it setup and working but i am guessing at what some of the setting in the VIA HD Aduio Deck are for or do.

Does anybody know where to get a manual for the using this audio control panel.

I find it odd the only way i have been able to get sound out of more then two front speakers (5.1 speakers) is if i turn on the "Speaker Fill" option. What the heck is speaker fill. Can anyone suggest what to try.

I have a old set of Dell MMS5650 5.1 it has three connectors (Lime, Black and yellow) Front. Back and Center. I have connected these to the three jacks on the mother board. I have a adapter that came with the speakers the will reduce these 3 plugs to only one in case your audio card did not have separate inputs for the front, back and center. I don't think i should be using that with this Via HD audio as it has 8.1 support and has the multiple jacks.

Not sure but i do not think these are digital i think they are analog speakers and that may be the issue. When every i turn on the DTS surround sound feature in the VIA HD Audio control panel it changes to two speakers. Hummm. that don't seem correct to me.

Help!

Rainey

Rainey

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Via audio is very screwy. You may consider using a different manufacturer.

I do not think that is correct. I think that if it is screwy then they loaded the wrong driver/software package.

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
This is a good example of the wrong package. This is a VIA generic driver/install package and not the one made for my motherboard. There is no manual with the driver package it seems.

I do not have any issue with the driver/software package working. I just would like to find a manual to understand the settings better.

If anyone knows where to get a manual for this Audio control panel manual so i can learn what some of the setting are for.

I have a few screen shots of the items i would like to learn
5278264305_0e1ec9aabe.jpg

Not sure what these will do, as it is not clear. I could guess, but that is about it.

5278264307_820bba8672.jpg

On this screen if i select "Speaker Fill" i get sound out of all speakers other wise only 2 speakers.

I use the same software on my ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo. I downloaded the VIA sound driver from the link I gave. The onboard sound chip infrmation is in the ASUS MB manual or available on the ASUS online downline product page. As far as the pictures of the software interface you are providing, learn to use the VIA software control panel through trial and error. Buy a third party soundcard if you have higher aspirations than what the onboard VIA chip provides. The VIA chip is about par with other onboard sound solutions available.

Rainey

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Ok

I found a generic manual called VT1828.pdf and it explains the options. Funny i don't know where i downloaded it from. If you search for "Vdeck user guide" you will find many results.

I got HD Audio Vdeck manual, version 1.0 May 22, 2009.

It seems my MP3 player only outputs Stereo so i have to use the "Speaker Fill" option to have sound out of the other speaker. When i play a DVD that is 5.1 sound that option is not needed.
So i guess i need a plug-in for my MP3 player to convert the output to 5.1.

5279275028_60b38fb799.jpg

5279275032_e338fddc9f.jpg

sudhir karn

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

Rainey

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Well, i did not say anything new, someone replied to an old post of mine but said nothing.

Then you replied to him with my quote of "this is a good example of the wrong package" tht i made some time ago.

I will stand by my comments. it is best to install the drivers downloaded from the motherboard website unless they tell you to get it direct from VIA.

If i follow the link to the VIA drivers page you posted all i get is a blank white page under the VIA header menu. I have used two different browsers and both do the same thing.

I am sure if you read the info at the VIA driver site, if you can get it to work, you will find a warning about those driver are generic chipset drivers and there is no guarantee they will work with your motherboard. Your motherboard may have tweaked things and may require a modified driver package to fully/correctly work or the motherboard MFG may not of enabled all features of the chip and if you install drivers that have support for features not on your motherboard there is no telling what the out come may be.

I will stand by my comments. it is best to install the drivers downloaded from the motherboard website unless they tell you to get it direct from VIA.

ASUS stops updating drivers for their MB's after a year or two and certainly when the board is out of warranty. So, you are downloading an old version of the VIA driver from the ASUS site. ASUS gets the VIA driver's from VIA,. ASUS does not write VIA drivers. I keep my system drivers updated from the chipset manufactiurers including VIA. It's a waste of time to read the previous poster's (karn) useless post.