Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity vs. Nvidia 3d

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2010 7:16:14 PM

Which would you rather have? I think I would prefer the nvidia 3d. I don't think the eyefinity is anything special. Just more screen you can't really stare at without taking your attention off of others especially in FPS games online. 3D aspect just sounds like massive fun though.

More about : eyefinity nvidia

a c 236 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 20, 2010 7:23:18 PM

i think the question fits more in the Graphics forum
m
l
March 21, 2010 12:19:07 AM

Considering they're totally different technologies you can't exactly compare them, can you.

Nvidia 3D doesn't mean *** to me because I use multiple screens for my work - Eyefinity gaming is just an extra feature, not the entire point of the technology.
Eyefinity doesn't mean *** to my brother because he loves all the latest gaming toys.
m
l
Related resources
March 21, 2010 1:15:29 PM

I'd vote for 3D, since I wanna watch Avatar in 3D when the BD version is released :p .. I have a wall-mounted Pioneer 50" plasma about 4 ft. from my desk, as a gaming monitor, so I don't really need multiple screens for that 'total immersion' effect.

I don't think I could get used to multiple screens until they make them without a bezel, for a seamless transition from one to the next.

Of course, ideally we'll get Eyefinity + 3D with bezel-less monitors eventually..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 1:29:15 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphic & Displays by Randomizer
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 1:31:24 PM

I'd prefer eyefinity just because of the versatility. Honestly, I don't see the interest in 3d, i went and saw alice in wonderland in 3d and that's not at all how we see things, so its not really appealing to me.

now, also being a programmer and a person that uses media creation programs a lot, i'd prefer eyefinity because of the extra space it gives you to work with. Down side is that its expensive
m
l
March 21, 2010 3:15:11 PM

I'd prefer Eyefinity becuase I could run it on ATI hardware.

But if I could run 3D on ATI, I would still chose Eyefinity because current 3D sucks.
m
l
March 21, 2010 3:38:38 PM

With the new release of the 10.3 (scroll to the bottom) driver, ATI's cards just got support for stereoscopic 3D imaging. So you would probably have to have a super beefy card for this but you could potentially have a three monitor eyefinity with 3D. Pure awesome!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 3:49:10 PM

i would prefer eyefinity for gaming, then when not gaming and programming i can have multiple sources open

i would also rotate the displays 90 degrees to keep the aspect ratio when gaming and have more vertical res for viewing source code
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 3:59:15 PM

and i also don't believe you can't see the other screens without getting distracted in FPS's. It's called peripheral vision
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2010 7:28:24 PM

well i can honestly tell you that after playing dragon age in eyefinity 5760 x 1080... well i can't tell you because it's just something you gotta see to believe.
m
l
!