Specs (It's an oldie):

AMD FX-60
A8N32-SLI Deluxe
7900GTX
G.Skill 1GBDDR PC3200 (x4)
WD Raptor 150gb
Corsair HX850w
Windows 7 64-Bit

Computer was working fine. Went dead and I bought a new PSU about 2 or 3 months ago. That fixed everything until yesterday.

Computer is completely blank, no POST, nothing. PSU is working and powering everything, I bought a PSU Tester and all the readings are fine EXCEPT the PG reading is beeping saying it's too high (not sure what this means).

I've tested all components, HD, VGA, RAM (Was only able to test 2 out of 4) and it all seems to be working fine. I doubt it's the PSU unit as i've had it for a few months working fine, but it's a possibility.

I've also reset the CMOS and left it that way for a few hours and viola, the PC was working. I was able to boot it on and off about 3 times, while I ran test on the RAM and then it all started again. No screen, no POST, no BIOS, nothing. My guess is the MB.

I'm stumped. Any help?

UPDATE: After more diagnostics, I found that after clearing the CMOS (after about 10 minutes) the computer will but with all the hardware. However, after restarting, it goes back to a completely dead screen.

Solution
PG Value is the time, in milliseconds, from turning on the PSU to when the voltage is actually sent. A high level would indicate that it is taking too long for the PSU to power up. Really looks like the PSU is dying to me. Might be worth checking with a friend to see if you can verify with a swap. Good luck!

jkdsurfer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

Unfortunately no. Do you know what PG values refer too?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
PG Value is the time, in milliseconds, from turning on the PSU to when the voltage is actually sent. A high level would indicate that it is taking too long for the PSU to power up. Really looks like the PSU is dying to me. Might be worth checking with a friend to see if you can verify with a swap. Good luck!

Solution

jkdsurfer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

Thanks for your help. I wasn't sure what the PG value was referring to. I'll swap it out and worst case scenario, i'll RMA the PSU.

Thank's for your input.