Best AGP Card for HD Files (no gaming)

I am looking to find the best AGP video card for my needs. I currently am running an ancient P4 2.4 on an 845 Intel mobo and 1gb ram. my current graphics card is a 9600 pro 256. My pc is hooked up to my 50" lcd as a monitor and it works great. The issue I am trying to solve is playing 1080 hd media files. I can play most 720 files without a problem and 1080's will play but video and audio are out of sinc. Please let me know what AGP card for the best price would allow me to do what I need. Thanks for your help!
4 answers Last reply
More about best card files gaming
  1. Here are the AGP cards available at newegg, I was going to suggest the sapphire HD3650 because I've been happily using that on my P-4.Intel 845 system for more than a year, but it appears mine is not currently available.
  2. treefrog07 said:
    Here are the AGP cards available at newegg, I was going to suggest the sapphire HD3650 because I've been happily using that on my P-4.Intel 845 system for more than a year, but it appears mine is not currently available.

I was looking at that.... I will be able to play the HD and Blu Ray downloads with that card?
  3. Your 2.4 GHz P4 could also be bottlenecking your video performance. My old p4 computer has trouble playing 1080p, despite having a geforce 6600. Just save up for a new system. You're wasting your money upgrading an AGP machine, which most likely can't even play 1080p no matter what video card is in it.
  4. I've been using mine for light gaming and it works well. I checked the reviews for an available card (SAPPHIRE 100258L Radeon HD 3650 512MB) - found 2 reviews where the reviewer was happy with the HD 1080p performance. Read the reviews and warranties before you decide which best meets your needs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics