ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hi Community,

I recently put together a new computer using the i3 processor and a Gigabyte H55M-S2H board. Now I have a bit of money now to spare and was wondering if the i5-750 would be a good and reasonable upgrade. I don't do tons of gaming on my desktop but would not want it to lag when I do play at the higher settings. Basically what I'm asking is would I see much of a performance increase by moving up to an i5 from an i3 or would it be better to upgrade something else like my motherboard (though I don't have much use for any other slots other than my video card) or get a new hard drive for more storage.

Thanks in advanced.

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
No games really lag at 1920 x 1080 on highest settings. Even when there's a lot going on in EVE, my FPS stays above 40 which is more than enough for me and I get a normal FPS of around 75-85 (bound to drop to a grinding halt if there are tons of ships around a gate but that's to be expected).

Quick system specs

550W Athena PSU
5770 HD XFX video card
4 GB Patriot RAM (Might change the RAM)
2 IDE Drives of various sizes
1 DVDRW SATA drive

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

Yea that's to be expected. Lag just gets bad when there's like thousands of pilots camping a gate.

I was reading pyscho's article he linked and I think I might have to update my bios. Any good articles on how to update bios using a flash drive as I don't have a working floppy drive.