Sign in with
Your question

Disk Boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter.

Last response: in Motherboards
December 20, 2010 9:59:11 AM

Not sure if this is the right section; But the problem is probably a result of many things gone wrong:

Okay so for some reason my bios just decided to ingore every command i give it.

I plugged in my brothers SSD and from then on, no matter what I did, I could not
force it to boot from the original SSD (i.e it just went straight to windows installed on his drive and BSOD'd).

I took that SSD out and now I get the Disk Boot Failure. Insert System disk and press enter error.

I think it's a problem with my bios, because I have tried a spin disk HDD (with a windows install on it), different cables, different ports and have tried inserting the windows install disk.

It detects the SSD in the bios.

UPDATE: I have updated the BIOS and it still shows that same error message.

Need some help please :)  !
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2010 10:28:45 AM

You neet to set the boot order in the bios to boot off of different media.

I usually set it to boot from SATA1 (port your boot drive should br connected) as first option.
DVD/CDrom as second option.
USB Mass storage as third option.

Bios not saving options is normally a dead motherboard battery. Asuming you are making changes and saving them in bios. Options are not saved if you just change the value and exit. You must save and exit. Usually F10 key.

Quote"Disk Boot Failure. Insert System disk and press enter error"
This is because the bios can not find a bootable operating system. Or a bootable cd or the option to boot from cd is not selected in bios.
State your computer specs and we can ber more specific on directions.

Edit:lots of grammar errors. Cat was helping me type.
m
l
a c 295 V Motherboard
December 20, 2010 12:29:31 PM

Do you have some USB drive connected to the rig?
m
l
!