Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Data Recovery
  • External Hard Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
May 16, 2012 6:53:21 PM

Hello,
Had a nasty virus WIPE my external hard drive clean. Everything is GONE.. ALL photos, business and personal files GONE. Any suggestions on how to recover???

More about : data recovery removable hard drive

a c 941 G Storage
May 16, 2012 10:06:32 PM

First I would enable "Show Hidden" and "Show System" files in explorer. These current blackmail viruses that want you to buy their a/v software only hide the files and do not actually wipe them.
m
l
May 17, 2012 2:08:57 AM

popatim said:
First I would enable "Show Hidden" and "Show System" files in explorer. These current blackmail viruses that want you to buy their a/v software only hide the files and do not actually wipe them.

Ok seems to work somewhat. I can now see all file folders and files. EXCEPT all my photos under each folder are gone. I click to show hidden files under the folder and apply to all folders and nothing happens. I did not see the show system files option. Any other suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
a c 941 G Storage
May 17, 2012 2:17:21 AM

In win7 you would uncheck the Hide Protectd operating System Files option , its a few lines down froom the show hidden files.
m
l
May 17, 2012 2:54:57 AM

popatim said:
In win7 you would uncheck the Hide Protectd operating System Files option , its a few lines down froom the show hidden files.

OK done...thank you......but still my photos are missing. :(  And thanks for saving me for paying a recovery company.
m
l
!