Sign in with
Your question

XP will not boot

Last response: in CPUs
June 19, 2010 9:23:25 PM

Hello,My 550be unlocks no problem I am new at this so please take that into consideration. Problem is windows xp pro 32bit will not boot with cores unlocked I have Asus M4A785TD-V EVO board AMD overdrive installed whats next?

More about : boot

a c 172 à CPUs
June 20, 2010 1:10:03 PM

If the system boots with a default BIOS (no core unlocking), I guess you do have a problem with one of your locked cores.
June 30, 2010 12:28:21 AM

XP boots with no problem as is out of the box. all four unlock in BIOS and show unlocked on all four but the comp will not boot. So I have gone back to default settings. Later I am going to unlock one at a time and see if XP will boot. Also have Ubuntu 10.4 on second drive and neither will boot with unlocked as quad.

Thanks

Jerry

Related resources
a c 101 à CPUs
June 30, 2010 6:05:37 AM

You could try upping the voltage but if its not booting at all its unlikely to help. So like you say try one at a time.
June 30, 2010 10:46:46 AM

papajr said:
XP boots with no problem as is out of the box. all four unlock in BIOS and show unlocked on all four but the comp will not boot. So I have gone back to default settings. Later I am going to unlock one at a time and see if XP will boot. Also have Ubuntu 10.4 on second drive and neither will boot with unlocked as quad.

Thanks

Jerry

hi
if non of the os boots, then i think y dont u try to reinstall an os after unlocking the cores?
a c 101 à CPUs
June 30, 2010 11:14:31 AM

lordszone said:
hi
if non of the os boots, then i think y dont u try to reinstall an os after unlocking the cores?

I cannot see this working if the unlock is causing it on 2 OSs then its just not stable
a c 134 à CPUs
June 30, 2010 11:01:47 PM

does it try to boot?
Where is it failing?
!