Getting stuttering/small lag

eMbAh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hey all, i recently build this system and I have a problem that has been bugging me day and night:

i7 920
Asrock x58 Extreme
OCZ3P1600LV6G
XFX Radeon 5870
750 W Corsair psu
Seagate 7200.12 500 GB

The problem I have is that in games like Warcraft3 and Starcraft2, I get these small fps drops. The system is running the games really well so its like it stops for a brief second, Warcraft 3 for example runs at 64 fps, but will fall to 56 or 62 or 60. It's extremely annoying. And it feels like the game is running a little wobly, like its just waiting for it to happen.

I have tried almost anything I can think of. Every possible setting in bios in relation to cpu, ram. I'm running Windows 7 and I tried Windows Xp, and it was the same. All my drivers are up to date, there is nothing running in the background that hogs anything (and even if there were it really shouldn't make a difference in Wc3 - it's an old game for this system)

I really hope someone can help me, If i have left out any information please say so!

eMbAh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Mine is more of a lag thing, like it will stop for like 0.3 sec and drop a couple of frames, and it happens in an old game like Wc3

It also happens if I take a window and move it around my screen, it like stops for a brief blink of a en eye then continues