Sign in with
Your question

CD or Site driver start?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2010 7:22:17 PM

Hello

So I've orded a Powercolor Radeon HD5670, and for when it gets here, just wondering...

Should I get it going with the drivers on the CD? Or with new set of drivers directly from the ATI website?

Thanks

More about : site driver start

a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
March 21, 2010 7:28:45 PM

Either, but for peace of mind with the new card, it was tested with the driver version on the CD it shipped with. Should you run in to any issues.
March 21, 2010 7:28:57 PM

badwolf13 said:
Hello

So I've orded a Powercolor Radeon HD5670, and for when it gets here, just wondering...

Should I get it going with the drivers on the CD? Or with new set of drivers directly from the ATI website?

Thanks

ALWAYS get the latest drivers because it will improve performance in games and other applications. Although, for some weird reason, you might not be able to download the drivers or you cant find them or something in that case just download the ones that come on the CD and then find the latest drivers for your card. This is the latest driver for the 5xxx series but it is the preview version (it still works it just has some beta things on it), but otherwise the regular version of this driver comes out on the 24th.
a c 189 U Graphics card
March 22, 2010 4:10:23 AM

Sometime, the latest version is not always the best...
Many people's problems are solved with the older driver, like the one on the CD.

But for most of time, the latest version will improve your card's performance. :) 
Related resources
!