5850 crysis crash

BeCoolBro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
So I have a sapphire 5850 and I decided to play crysis and see it's performance.I put it at 1680x1050 no aa high details and at the point on the ship with the huge allien I got a crash.Not a bsod but something like the ocing screen.So is it normal to have a crash at that point or should I be worried?

BTW,the card isn't overclocked.And also with these settings I get 30-45fps is rhis normal?Finally some objects appear later than they should.

Yep, that is perfectly normal on the carrier. Took me like 5 tries to get through to the end. Just save whenever you accomplish something and you'll eventually get though it. You could also try turning down the graphics options, though I am unsure if that will actually help as it is a glitch.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
OH. Now i know what you're talking about lol. This happened to me too. I did what ext64 said, and just turned down all the graphics...then it worked :)

Yeh, I could never get past the last boss on the carrier level. I had 2x9800GTXs in SLi, and my lock-on for the weapon could never get the thing right. I read somewhere that some GPU-game issue sometimes caused the thing to never show up? o_O

Anyways, the last level is buggy...

BeCoolBro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Thanks.BTW,your system is almost the same as mine.

BeCoolBro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah I really love it.I'm gladI went i5/5850 instead of i7920/5770.

For gaming that is definitely the right choice. Or I should say single GPU gaming. Personally I prefer single GPUs even if they have worked out more of the multiGPU bugs. I find buying the second best single GPU every year or two or few works great for me.