5850 crysis crash

So I have a sapphire 5850 and I decided to play crysis and see it's performance.I put it at 1680x1050 no aa high details and at the point on the ship with the huge allien I got a crash.Not a bsod but something like the ocing screen.So is it normal to have a crash at that point or should I be worried?

BTW,the card isn't overclocked.And also with these settings I get 30-45fps is rhis normal?Finally some objects appear later than they should.
10 answers Last reply
More about 5850 crysis crash
  1. Whats your other specs? Do you have the latest driver? Did you switch from nvidia graphics?
  2. Yep, that is perfectly normal on the carrier. Took me like 5 tries to get through to the end. Just save whenever you accomplish something and you'll eventually get though it. You could also try turning down the graphics options, though I am unsure if that will actually help as it is a glitch.
  3. OH. Now i know what you're talking about lol. This happened to me too. I did what ext64 said, and just turned down all the graphics...then it worked :)
  4. Haven't played that level with my 5870 as I still had my 3850 when I was playing Crysis. Anyway, try turning shaders down to medium.
  5. Yeh, I could never get past the last boss on the carrier level. I had 2x9800GTXs in SLi, and my lock-on for the weapon could never get the thing right. I read somewhere that some GPU-game issue sometimes caused the thing to never show up? O_o

Anyways, the last level is buggy...
  6. Same here, but I was lucky enough to be able to get through it without any problems the first time. Every time after it would crash or there would be a glitch or something.
  7. EXT64 said:
    Yep, that is perfectly normal on the carrier. Took me like 5 tries to get through to the end. Just save whenever you accomplish something and you'll eventually get though it. You could also try turning down the graphics options, though I am unsure if that will actually help as it is a glitch.

Thanks.BTW,your system is almost the same as mine.
  8. You like yours? Mine's been great, very impressed with the quality of all of the parts.
  9. EXT64 said:
    You like yours? Mine's been great, very impressed with the quality of all of the parts.

Yeah I really love it.I'm gladI went i5/5850 instead of i7920/5770.
  10. For gaming that is definitely the right choice. Or I should say single GPU gaming. Personally I prefer single GPUs even if they have worked out more of the multiGPU bugs. I find buying the second best single GPU every year or two or few works great for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Crash Crysis Graphics