PS for 2500k + dual 6950s

jabberwhacky

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Closing in on my final build and it should look something like this:

2x HIS Radeon 6950 (either unlocked or just overlocked, I'll know when I set it up!)
8gb RAM
128gb SSD
1TB storage drive
Sabertooth P67 (or) Gigabyte P67A-UD7 (or) Asus Maximus IV Extreme (I can't for the life of me decide, keep reading mixed opinions about x8/x8 PCI versus the x16/x16 NF200...I do plan on going Eyefinity multi-monitor)

I read similar setups and the consensus was 850 was plenty. I found this Corsair for $190 but also this non-Gold version for just $120 (AR). Either of these good? Is the Gold worth the extra money? Should I be looking at a different brand?

Also, I'll be using this in Korea. I don't think that'll be an issue, I'm assuming most power supplies are 100-240. Last time I was there I was able to use my laptop charger with just a $.05 converter (from the line prongs to circle prongs).

jabberwhacky

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks guys. I ended up with the HX; I found it on Amazon and I happen to be on a Prime member trial, which means free 2-day shipping, and Amazon doesn't tax us Californians, so after rebate the HX will be just $145.

I looked at the XFX but multiple reviews mentioned a high-pitched whine that didn't stop until you flipped the power on the unit itself, and that was enough to scare me away.

TRENDING THREADS