Passes Prime95, Fails IBT, why?

chrisafp07

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
Hey guys I stress tested my FX-8350 last night in Prime 95, everything went fine and I didnt see any temps over 57c at any point with an average of 47c. I then ran IBT, it froze isntantly... I've run Memtest86, no issues, why can I run Prime95 no issues over 14hours and not IBT?

inthedark1980

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
I'm not exactly sure why the AMD chips don't like IBT. I mean it has all the same instructions and even more for that matter at least against my 2600k. I know that my friend has a FX-8120 oc'd to 4.3 and he could run prime for quite a long time 10 hours plus with no stability issues, and one night he saw me oc'ing my chip up and asked me what test I was running and I told him Intel Burn Test and he wanted to try it. Five minutes later. He had it on his pc and 2 seconds after starting it. BSOD. He then set his system to stock settings and ran it again. He passed the test with fairly high temps, but passed nonetheless. Im not sure if there is some compiler in it that only Intel chips can handle or if it has something to do with the RAM timings and/ or chipsets. I know Intel has a really good memory controller built into the z77 boards, which is what Im running my system on. Sandy Bridge Chip on an Ivy Bridge Board. Very nice setup but I also know that the FX-8350 is a great chip. That chip is a great worker for any application. So in all honesty Im not sure if the program has some Intel compiler that stiffs AMD out of using it. Sorry bud, if you find out why lemme know, and maybe I can help my friend out as well
Good Luck