How do i activate xbox 360 to my windows 7 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lords

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
*NOTE* If your connecting your xbox 360 to your pc using windows 7

Step 1. using xbox360, make sure your connection is good when you go into system settings - network settings -test pc connection

Step 2. goto My xbox, select video Library -user name pc <--- this is the name of your computer. once you select this you might get a message that says you need to activate your console from your PC" do step 3

Step 3. using your PC windows 7, select start - control panel - network and internet - under network and sharing center select, view network computers and devices. ( you may need to accept message about viewing network devices accept it)

Step 4. once inside network computer and devices, you should see 3 options 1.Computer 2.Media Devices 3.Network infastructure. under media devices you should see an xbox 360 Icon.

Step 5. Right Click on the xbox360 Icon. Left click using the mouse on media streaming options. Over on the right you will see boxes make sure they all say "Allowed" beside them and then click the ok

Step 6. open up the windows media player. Swtich to Libray view. on the top left hand side select Organize, then scroll to manage libraries select videos. Choose the folder that you have where your videos are stored in

step 7. using Xbox 360, go to "my xbox" select video Library -user name pc <--- this is the name of your computer. You should now be able to select the folder that you have your video stored in..

Step 8. Please make sure that you are signed into your Xbox360 live account, or sign in using your xbox360 profile account. Otherwise you might get an error message when trying to watch your video. Please remember that you must be sigend in frist then view your videos.

Step 9. your done!! you should be able to view videos from your PC

This is short I know I tried to put it in short steps..you shouldn't have any problem if you follow steps correctly ...I do hope this helps you all, who use windows 7 that are trying to connect their xbox360 to thier PCs ...:)
cheers.

PeterWL_44

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

Thanks for thatbut I have more than one drive on my PC what if films etc are not on 'C' Drive?

PeterWL_44

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
I have 3 drives on my PC. My videos and films are not on the C drive and the xbox does not seem to find them (wi fi) nor does there seem to be a way to direct it. How do I do it. Also will it recognise divx films?

Thanks

Peter

G

Hey, the best way to do this is to put all the files you want to share into the relevant 'Library' - such as music, videos etc. Then the xbox sees everything that you have put in the relevant library.

This also works when using the media center extender.

Yes, divx video works - but you'll have to be connected to LIVE and download a media update codec. It was fine with my (old) elite and I did not have to be connected to LIVE after getting this update but since I have got my Slim version, there needs to be an active LIVE connection to watch these files. Bit of a bind but not too much inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Ray

PS - great guide Lords!

Status
Not open for further replies.